Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
After seeing the effort Apple has made at re-designing the UI and implementing tweaks that you finally don't need jailbreaking for, I think the 5S will be a really good phone. It will lack the bigger screen ofcourse but a better camera, NFC, faster processor and possibly more storage? I think i can deal with the small screen as I have my nexus 7 at my side.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
At the moment based on what has leaked ... no.

Pastel shades and essex gold bling are not enough to entice me ...

As for a finger print scanner... If its just for unlocking your device what's the point. It's just another part that can end up getting fudged over time - I know countless folks who have had to replace home buttons as it is.

Nah so far it does nothing for me.

For the first time I'm actually more interested in seeing the next Nexus 5 and Note 3 devices bring to the table. I will still however be buying a new iOS tablet.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
No.

Unless you prefer a smaller size, iOS apps, and into their ecosystem I can see why you might get excited. Should be plenty of them in the iPhone forum section.

After a few months owning a 5S or even 5C, it will be more of the same experience like the year before and the year before that. Just in a diff colored exterior like gold. Last excitement I had for an Apple product was in June 2010. Preordered the iPhone 4 and everything. Never been that excited abt an Apple announcement ever since. I used to get all excited with the iPod announcements from 2005-2006 but that eventually went away too since the iPhone.

There are already alot of very good Android phones already released this year alone. Water resistance, dual frontal speakers, air gestures, eye tracking, etc. Even more useful than a fingerprint scanner or gold color option. And even if the Android flagships are TOO BIG for some, their miniature versions with Snapdragon 400 or Snapdragon S4 Pro like the Xperia ZR can do more than enough for most people's needs.

Generally all smartphones and OSes become homogenized. They pretty much do all the same things you generally use them for. Picking phones or platforms is like picking your fav bottled water or carton of milk. Even the most generic brands can do the same things similar to cars or general electronic appliances. The differences start to become more obvious with each individual's preferences liking picking an Audi over a BMW then coming into internet forums to compare/contrast/praise/complain abt them to others.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Not from what I have seen so far. I would only consider an iPhone if the screen is 4.5 to 5 inches. I do not think the first release of IOS 7 will be the last....Apple will tweak it based on feedback from customers. I won't update my iPad until maybe IOS 7.1 or something like that. Colors and pastels will not make me come back to the iPhone as my daily use phone.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
For me I really miss the polish of iOS, ecosystem and their app exclusives. I probably will just keep LG optimus G pro and get iPad mini for my iOS needs.

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
i have an old iphone to play with but ios doesnt yet offer compelling reasons to switch. i will only consider ios when they allow app integration and user accessible file system. i prefer function over eye candy.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I have a GS4.

I plan on getting an iPhone 5S.

But I won't be switching from one to the other :D

Using both is ideal for me. I enjoy different things about each and am glad I have the excuse to use both daily!

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
No. Even if I did upgrade, it wouldn't be for an "S" version either.

S models have never done it for me.

Also, a little off topic but I'm really starting to see just how much value is in a Nexus phone. No contract and half the price or any of these other phones? I can get a new one with the latest and greatest each year? And lower my monthly bill and have the latest and greatest version of android? I'll be looking hard at the Nexus 4 (2013).

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Sure, if Apple upset every rumor made since the last iPhone was released and gave us a phone with a 4.7" screen. I'd gladly switch.

I think I'll be with Android for a long time lol

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
I feel I would be losing a lot of functionality by moving from my SGS3 to the iP5S. I don't see how the iP5S can replace my widgets, default apps and alternate keyboards. I don't see what the iP5S can give me that would be worth giving up so much functionality.

The Robot Cow

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2012
Central California
I am.

I currently have a Galaxy Nexus and i'm ready to have an iPhone again. The feel of the device, its camera, its great battery life, the quality of the device itself and not to mention the plethora or 3rd party accessories available for the phone. I was thinking about getting the new Droid Maxx or Moto X but they don't exactly wow me. They did at first but i know that within a couple months i would be itching to get another android device. There's no way i'm getting Samsung or Htc. I HATE their skins.

My galaxy nexus is running a stock 4.3 rom and bloat removed. I've had idk how many roms flashed onto this device but none have really matched the performance of when i had the iphone 5. My android history has been; Droid 2 Global. Droid Incredible, Droid R2d2, and Galaxy Nexus. Each one i rooted and flashed roms to each device to get them to run better. The iPhone was the only device that didn't needed to be modified. I can't wait to get another one!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Nope, I gave up on Apple and iOS after 6 years of baby steps when it comes to necessary(to me) features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.