Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
When I access it through a browser, a lot of apps say not available in your country (really????).

How is that even possible when you live in the US? All Google Play apps are available to you there.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
So once again. Why not a google play edition? No carrier interference and no bloat.

Honestly because I like both mobile OS'es and want to give iOS7 a try. Plus I'm not 100% going back to the iPhone. I'm closely watching the Note 3, as I was really intrigued by the Note 2.

YES! That's what i LOVE about Apple, they make Verizon take the phone the Apple way not the Verizon way.
Which has always been so perplexing as to why Google can't grow a pair like Steve Jobs did, and tell these carriers what's up with a Nexus phone. The idea of a Google Play Edition is great, but having to order directly from Google is not.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Honestly because I like both mobile OS'es and want to give iOS7 a try. Plus I'm not 100% going back to the iPhone. I'm closely watching the Note 3, as I was really intrigued by the Note 2.

Well then you better hope the trend continues and a Note III GPE is offered because the AT&T branded Note II I had was chock full of both Samsung and AT&T bloat. Of course you can always go the custom ROM route but if that's work you'd rather avoid, a GPE is your only option.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Well then you better hope the trend continues and a Note III GPE is offered because the AT&T branded Note II I had was chock full of both Samsung and AT&T bloat. Of course you can always go the custom ROM route but if that's work you'd rather avoid, a GPE is your only option.

I guess maybe I was just disappointed by the lag, my S4 had. Especially for a 2013 snapdragon 600 phone. My S3 works great, but with the ever increasing amount of bloat these newer Android phones have, I feel it bogs the phones resources too much. I like the idea, and potential hardware of the Note 3 to look past all of that. Snapdragon 88, w/3gb of ram should be more than enough.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I guess maybe I was just disappointed by the lag, my S4 had. Especially for a 2013 snapdragon 600 phone. My S3 works great, but with the ever increasing amount of bloat these newer Android phones have, I feel it bogs the phones resources too much. I like the idea, and potential hardware of the Note 3 to look past all of that. Snapdragon 88, w/3gb of ram should be more than enough.

I think it's been MORE than enough. it's the software. it really is sad that this lag still exists for android in 2013. because I want to love android. even nexus isn't immune. I noticed stutter on my nexus 7 before returning it. it's gotten WAY better and I think it's getting to the point where I can live with it because of all the functionality that you get over iOS. Maybe.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I can't really say until I see the 5S, but I really doubt it will entice me. I am way more interested in the next iPad. I really enjoy the larger screens you can get with Android phones, and I have always been big on Google services, so right now the GS4 is working out pretty well for me. I'm not anti Apple in any way, in fact if they put out a phone in the 4.7/5 inch range I'd be first in line.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
How is that even possible when you live in the US? All Google Play apps are available to you there.

I know :(. I can't figure it out. And NOW I can't use Google search at all ... it says that I am spamming requests ... NOT!! I suspect I need to wipe the phone and start over fresh. Frustration level is off the charts!

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I have used ios extensively, I have an iPad to play with on in my house. The majority of the changes are only skin deep and I still do not like using it. Some if the things I dislike about iOS are even worse in ios7. The transition animations are even longer now. You can get things done so much faster in android. The scrolling in iOS is also still way too slow and I am too used to having a dedicated back button and multitasking button on my galaxy nexus and nexus 7. I can get things done so much faster on my nexus than on the iPad. Even hitting the home button and returnig to the homescreen takes like 4 times longer on the iPad. And that's with the animations turned on. If you turn off the animations its even faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.