Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otismotive77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
doing what they did with the galaxy s4, borrowing the last year's design:(. but i have to say that the slim bezels look awesome. i hope the note 3 is made out of metal

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
doing what they did with the galaxy s4, borrowing the last year's design:(. but i have to say that the slim bezels look awesome. i hope the note 3 is made out of metal

Some slight changes, the shift from the S3 to the 4 made the phone a little more square and the angles are more sharp, overall the S4 seems a bit more boxy than the S3. I would imagine the same would happen here.

One of the reason's Sammy uses plastic is because it needs to for its high volume devices. When they rebranded the S3 as the Ativ S (I think) for WP it was made out of aluminium. I know the Note line is popular but not as popular as the S line so chances it could be made out of a metal. I sort of doubt it though.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
no surprises there. Similar to GS4. I like the more square-ish shape and the thin bezels.

As long as they can make it thinner and lighter this year, they've got a hit on their hands.

After a few months of not owning a Note 2 and then using one again, I noticed how bulky it really is. A thinner, more square shaped phone would will be fantastic!

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
was hoping for a black phone like the gs4...this look more like the titanium than black...

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if this phone is slightly lighter and smaller than the Note II.

The LG Optimus G Pro is huge, but surpinsingly svelte due to thin bezels and slender profile.

I am pretty sure Samsung will go the same route.

The Note 2 was just too wide IMHO

LG-Optimus-G-Pro-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-01.jpg

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
The LG Optimus G Pro is huge, but surpinsingly svelte due to thin bezels and slender profile.

I am pretty sure Samsung will go the same route.

The Note 2 was just too wide IMHO

I disagree. Since the note 2 is wider (not by much), it has better screen real estate. With the s pen, this is significant. Certainly, we don't want the phones to be elongated and thin like the iPhone 5;)

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
Nice to see it more diagonal. Samsung's pebble-like design language is getting old.

Though still not as rectangular as the S II however.

otismotive77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
Some slight changes, the shift from the S3 to the 4 made the phone a little more square and the angles are more sharp, overall the S4 seems a bit more boxy than the S3. I would imagine the same would happen here.

One of the reason's Sammy uses plastic is because it needs to for its high volume devices. When they rebranded the S3 as the Ativ S (I think) for WP it was made out of aluminium. I know the Note line is popular but not as popular as the S line so chances it could be made out of a metal. I sort of doubt it though.

yeah, there were some rumors that there will be a limited premium variant of the note 3, which will offer the metal body. i hope this rumor comes true.

egoistaxx9

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
well, if you look in the past, every note copied the design from the galaxy S phone released before it. so it's logical to see the note 3 have a GS4-ish design.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
If the Note 3 is to the Note 2 what the S4 was to the S3 then I'm probably not going to bother to upgrade. The S4 feels slow and clunky to me. The Note 2 is still awesome and gets great battery life, I'll have to see how the Note 3 does on battery life because it should be a good upgrade, but personally I wouldn't want the Snapdragon version.

MindsEye

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
On inspection the screen is noticeably taller than the its predecessor and ever so slightly wider due to the decrease of bezel. Would have been nice to have the width see most of the gain for the increase in size but i'll concede that would be nitpicking compared to what i'm currently rocking.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
If the Note 3 is to the Note 2 what the S4 was to the S3 then I'm probably not going to bother to upgrade. The S4 feels slow and clunky to me. The Note 2 is still awesome and gets great battery life, I'll have to see how the Note 3 does on battery life because it should be a good upgrade, but personally I wouldn't want the Snapdragon version.

I just recently got a S4 and I see a little of the clunkiness but once you remove all the bloatware, that should go away as well.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Very nice job on the bezel, I wish more phone manufacturers would get rid of bezels. I hope Samsung doesn't use the cheapy plastic like the Note 2, but it was pretty solid, just more of an aesthetic thing. I really liked my Note 2 and definitely will be considering the Note 3.

On the same note (no pun intended) anyone think Samsung will be able to make the Note 3 thinner?!?!? With the tiny bezels and a bit thinner it would be a pretty incredible phone.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Very nice job on the bezel, I wish more phone manufacturers would get rid of bezels. I hope Samsung doesn't use the cheapy plastic like the Note 2, but it was pretty solid, just more of an aesthetic thing. I really liked my Note 2 and definitely will be considering the Note 3.

On the same note (no pun intended) anyone think Samsung will be able to make the Note 3 thinner?!?!? With the tiny bezels and a bit thinner it would be a pretty incredible phone.

Judging by that I think it will feel very light for a phone that big

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.