Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I disagree. Since the note 2 is wider (not by much), it has better screen real estate. With the s pen, this is significant. Certainly, we don't want the phones to be elongated and thin like the iPhone 5;)

The screen is exactly the same size between the Note 2 and the LG Optimus G Pro. Infact most screens on modern smart phone have a 16:9 ratio, including the iPhone 5.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
The screen is exactly the same size between the Note 2 and the LG Optimus G Pro. Infact most screens on modern smart phone have a 16:9 ratio, including the iPhone 5.

If that's the case, then the LG Optimus G Pro looks great. However, my description of the iPhone 5 was correct; elongated and narrow (lame).

Last edited:

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I'm so torn between this phone, and the iPhone 5S(I know opposite ends of the spectrum). I'm glad they will both be announced around the same time. I'll be buying either one off contract so I'll have some thinking to do! :cool:

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
I'm so torn between this phone, and the iPhone 5S(I know opposite ends of the spectrum). I'm glad they will both be announced around the same time. I'll be buying either one off contract so I'll have some thinking to do! :cool:

Note 3 IMO if they stick a big 4000mah battery in it and have a stylus

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
what will the unlocked version cost, do you think? i forget what the note 2 was? i think it was 299 subby. $700 or less would be cool...

bnnentertainmen

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
a more rectangular look. better than the last year's design but still not imprsseive enough, they should have implemented the GS4 active's design (of course, leave out the keys) that would have been much better.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I disagree. Since the note 2 is wider (not by much), it has better screen real estate. With the s pen, this is significant. Certainly, we don't want the phones to be elongated and thin like the iPhone 5;)

Guess it isn't that significant since the Note 3 looks almost like an Optimus Pro clone. Dimensions and exterior specs are dang close.

Strangely both are 16:9...just like the iPhone 5. Or as you say...elongated whatever the Hell that means.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
a more rectangular look. better than the last year's design but still not imprsseive enough, they should have implemented the GS4 active's design (of course, leave out the keys) that would have been much better.

I agree, though I like the buttons. This would be the perfect waterproof phone too, because you could always use the S pen to operate the phone when wet.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Guess it isn't that significant since the Note 3 looks almost like an Optimus Pro clone. Dimensions and exterior specs are dang close.

Strangely both are 16:9...just like the iPhone 5. Or as you say...elongated whatever the Hell that means.

Come on, take it to the main thread instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.