Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1
MisakixMikasa
macrumors 6502a

Can my iPod Touch and iPad run iOS 7?

I brought last year, it is larger than my old iPod touch which I brought few years ago. Will it run iOS 7? I also have large iPad, will it run iOS 7, my brother brought for me this year, the screen is not as clear as his and it is bit lighter than his. Also I cannot get Siri working on this iPad anybody know why?

Last edited by MisakixMikasa; Aug 27, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
MisakixMikasa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:44 AM   #2
zmagik
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisakixMikasa View Post
I brought last year, it is larger than my old iPod touch which I brought few years ago. Will it run iOS 7? I also have large iPad, will it run iOS 7, my brother brought for me this year, the screen is not as clear as his and it is bit lighter than his. Also I cannot get Siri working on this iPad anybody know why?
I think your talking about the iPod touch 5g yes it will run ios 7 and the iPad your talking about is iPad 2 I think and that will run ios 7 too
zmagik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:45 AM   #3
MisakixMikasa
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmagik View Post
I think your talking about the iPod touch 5g yes it will run ios 7 and the iPad your talking about is iPad 2 I think and that will run ios 7 too
Thank you. It is good to know.... I know nothing about computers...by the way, I see lots of people here already have iOS 7, is it out? And what is beta everybody talking about? If it is out, why I cannot receive update ?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Thank you. It is good to know.... I know nothing about computers...by the way, I see lots of people here already have iOS 7, is it out? And what is beta everybody talking about? If it is out, why I cannot receive update ?
It is not out. Only developers have access to the betas. The public release will be in the next month or so.

On both devices, go to Settings, General, About - that will help tell what model iPod Touch and iPad you have. There are 4 generations of "big" iPads, and not all of them will get iOS 7. Also, only the most recent iPod touch will get iOS 7, so it is hard to tell you without knowing what versions you have.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Nanasaki
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yes, judging from your description, the larger iPod Touch would be 5th generation and it will be compatible with iOS 7. For the larger iPad, since your brother brought this year and it cannot get Siri, it might be iPad 2. And yes, iPad will get iOS 7.

As for iOS 7. It is not publicly available yet. It is out for developer to test the OS and fix their applications on iOS 7. You kneed wait for September release
Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:47 PM   #6
cobbyco
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well the iPad is definitely an iPad 2 by the sounds of it, and that supports iOS 7, although it might not support iOS 8.
The iPod touch sounds like a 5th Gen, but just to check: at the bottom left corner on the back, is there a button that can be pressed to attach a wrist strap? If not, it's not going to be supported by iOS 7.
cobbyco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:30 PM   #7
MisakixMikasa
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbyco View Post
Well the iPad is definitely an iPad 2 by the sounds of it, and that supports iOS 7, although it might not support iOS 8.
The iPod touch sounds like a 5th Gen, but just to check: at the bottom left corner on the back, is there a button that can be pressed to attach a wrist strap? If not, it's not going to be supported by iOS 7.
Yes, I didn't even noticed that buttom... and I didn't have the clue of the thing came with iPod Touch... Thank You....
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:40 PM   #8
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Yes, I didn't even noticed that buttom... and I didn't have the clue of the thing came with iPod Touch... Thank You....
Is the back of your iPod touch reflective / shiny?
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:06 PM   #9
TheKrs1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
If you mean that he bought you the iPad this year, and that was from an authorized Apple Reseller (or Apple themselves)... then it is an iPad 2 or newera and will receive iOS7.

If you mean the he bRought you the iPad... it might be an iPad 1 and will not be getting iOS 7. ... check settings --> General --> about and google your model number(s).
TheKrs1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:21 PM   #10
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Just remembered very simple way to tell if it's an iPad 1 or not -- iPad 1 had no camera. Every iPad from 2 on has cameras. So if your iPad has cameras (front and back), it's a 2 or above, and you can get iOS 7 on it. If no camera, it's an iPad 1. iPad 1 never even got iOS 6, and it won't be getting iOS 7 -- it's stuck at iOS 5.
Night Spring is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:39 PM   #11
DariusX
Banned

Can you make a thread with a proper, understandable title?
DariusX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:47 PM   #12
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusX View Post
Lulz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	430280  
aDRock1154 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:47 PM   #13
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusX View Post
Did it ever occur to you that English is not everyone's first language?
batting1000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:20 PM   #14
MisakixMikasa
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDRock1154 View Post
Lulz
LOL to that...
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:47 PM   #15
Sonnestah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1000 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that English is not everyone's first language?
Her english is not so poor, so she could've wrote a better title yes
Sonnestah is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7