Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
It froze my MBPR/13 twice yesterday, completely only power button helped to shutdown and restart. Anyone experiencing this issue? It seem faster browser than Safari or Firefox but such glitches are scary. Nothing special was running in browser, random page.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
I was using Chrome pretty much from day one. It was great. In the last six month, however, they have killed it. Started with minor issues, then battery drain, then crashes like you experienced.

Uninstalled it from all my machines. It is a shame, but it was awful. I'll check back in 6 month and see if they figure it out.

ljusmc

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2012
I had problems with Chrome as well which sucks because I love it. It crashed constantly and also crashed my Mac. I stopped using it and use Safari now out of fear of it still crashing. I researched the problem and couldn't find anything definitive. I would like to also know if someone had a solution.

skirmisser

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
Chrome 28 was somehow losing GPU acceleration on my rMBP (every now and then it would become very slow and laggy and it would come back later). Not sure if it is related. Chrome 29 seems to have fixed this issue completely...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
rMBP and chrome seem to have problems playing nice. To many posts about issues related to chrome.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Was it first time thing or is it recurrent?

I just got macbook month ago, I used Win7/8 mostly before.

----------

I had problems with Chrome as well which sucks because I love it. It crashed constantly and also crashed my Mac. I stopped using it and use Safari now out of fear of it still crashing. I researched the problem and couldn't find anything definitive. I would like to also know if someone had a solution.

Right, it should not freeze computer even it crashed. It is fast and light but bugs all over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.