Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK
Unsure of what to get personally, interested to see what others are getting.

I'm looking for something quite minimal, possibly a bumper or thin plastic clip on jobby. Most seem to clash with the gold finish though

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana

ewils19

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
I've ordered a Speck Candyshell in White/Peacock.
The ring around the home button will still be gold so people will be able to tell which one i have ;) I drop my phone too much to not have a case like the candyshell on it!

oaktree

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
agree best case to show off design this is what i used for my iPhone 5 and i am ordering another one this wknd for my gold iPhone 5S

Does the clear plastic stay pristine, or do you notice scratches on it after using it for awhile?

----------

I've ordered a Speck Candyshell in White/Peacock.
The ring around the home button will still be gold so people will be able to tell which one i have ;) I drop my phone too much to not have a case like the candyshell on it!

You're counting on people having better visual discrimination than I do. There's no way I would notice that detail unless I was sitting right next to you.

ewils19

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
Does the clear plastic stay pristine, or do you notice scratches on it after using it for awhile?

----------

You're counting on people having better visual discrimination than I do. There's no way I would notice that detail unless I was sitting right next to you.

I honestly don't care that much if people know which color I have.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
If I were getting an iPhone 5S I'd likely get a Gemshell so you could actually see the phone itself.

spk-a0754_glam002.jpg

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
California
I reserved a gold iPhone and I'm going to pair it with a see-thru red plastic case. It should clash with the gold on the back, yet show the lovely gold accents from the front.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.