Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:56 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Disney Launches Sandbox Creation Game 'Disney Infinity: Toy Box" for iPad

Disney has launched Disney Infinity: Toy Box for the iPad, a sandbox world creation game that acts as a companion to the recently released Disney Infinity title on gaming consoles, with content on both games enabled for platform transferring. The app includes over 50 free items for world creation, as well as multi-touch optimized controls and special toys that change various attributes in created worlds.
Quote:
Captain Jack Sparrow in a sports car racing Dash, Sulley climbing mountains to find Cinderella's Castle - create anything your imagination dreams of... Sync to your console game for complete cross-platform play, and unlock even more props, characters and decorations!
Disney has released numerous titles for iOS devices over the past few weeks, including the free-to-play Where's My Water? 2, a companion iPad app for "The Little Mermaid: Second Screen Live, and Disney Animated, an app that covers the history of all 53 Disney Films. The company also honored the late Steve Jobs with a Disney Legends Award at the 2013 D23 Expo this past August.

Disney Infinity: Toy Box is a free download for the iPad from now through October 15th. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Disney Launches Sandbox Creation Game 'Disney Infinity: Toy Box" for iPad
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:47 AM   #2
akm3
macrumors 68020

I would pay $0.99 for 'Disney: Infinity Blade' if it meant I could finally put a sword through Gaston, that blowhard. (?)
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:52 AM   #3
arcite
macrumors 6502a

The first one's free, as they say. EVIL EVIL IAP.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Bitmin1991
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcite View Post
Yet people complain about paid apps. There's no pleasing people, is there?
Bitmin1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:46 PM   #5
JAT
macrumors 603

The question is, is it better than SimCity 5?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Redbeard25
macrumors regular

My five year-old is already addicted. This is a lot better than shelling out $75 plus figures for the console version (for his speed.)
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:18 AM   #7
cchanlatte
macrumors newbie

Very interested in seeing how this interfaces with the console version. This is the first game my daughter has really enjoyed on a console, but the toy box is a bit too difficult for her to fully comprehend. At a quick glance, it seems this app will help with that.
cchanlatte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:01 PM   #8
neoelectronaut
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcite View Post
Well, I already have the console game and the figures, so no in-app purchases for me.

Not that it matters since I don't have an iPad anyway.
neoelectronaut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:05 PM   #9
roadbloc
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to roadbloc
Ughh. Can't they just release a paid version with everything? In app purchases are the cancer of the software world.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion