Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunesstore.png
Apple has introduced a new 'Employees on iTunes' section of the iTunes Store to showcase books, songs, movies and TV shows that Apple employees have contributed to in some manner.

The section, which was first noted by 9to5Mac, is only accessible by Apple employees.

Senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue sent an email to Apple employees explaining the new program:
Team,

One of the things that makes Apple special is that every person here, no matter where they are or what they do, shares the same deep passion for creativity and innovation. We see this passion most noticeably in the products we make and in the experiences we create for our customers. But it's in other places, too.

For instance, in addition to their work here at Apple, many employees have helped create some amazing books, songs, movies and TV shows on iTunes. In celebration of their achievements, as well as the creative pursuits of everybody at Apple, we're launching a new internal website today.

It's my pleasure to introduce you to our very own Employees on iTunes.

Eddy
Apps are not mentioned in the email because Apple forbids its employees from selling or working on apps when they are employed by the company because of conflict of interest rules.

Article Link: Apple Launches Internal 'Employees on iTunes' Section to Highlight Workers' Talents

KazKam

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2011
Team

I'd prefer they launch an internal TEAM called "Employees [to work] on iTunes" so they can fix that bloated turd.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
I'd prefer they launch an internal TEAM called "Employees [to work] on iTunes" so they can fix that bloated turd.

Apple is definitely a fun company to work for. One of my colleagues was sent to Cupertino to sing when they did the whole "American Idol" thing for Apple associates.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
If they did this for OS X and iOS Apps, I'd go back to be full time if they helped me furthering my education. I mean after all Computer Science is my field and would allow me to prove myself to corporate that I know how to program and build a portfolio that would show that.

VidProQuo

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
Where It's At
yeah, but

Apple is definitely a fun company to work for. One of my colleagues was sent to Cupertino to sing when they did the whole "American Idol" thing for Apple associates.

It's probably a "fun company" to work for now that Steve is not there because if he were nobody would be going home, or to sleep until they fixed the podcast issues of 11.1 on the iTunes team.

RightMACatU

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2012
"Apple Got Talent" please focus your energy on innovation. I don't really care to know what "Genius" is in what video :D

Last edited:

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2009
i don't understand why employees would give away their private work for free

it's mentioned in Apple contract: everything that you do (photos, music, etc), once given to Apple is owned by Apple

this means that Apple is the owner of your intellectual property and the employee gets no reward/compensation if Apple makes money on his back

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004

it's mentioned in Apple contract: everything that you do (photos, music, etc), once given to Apple is owned by Apple

this means that Apple is the owner of your intellectual property and the employee gets no reward/compensation if Apple makes money on his back

This is a pretty standard clause with most companies. If the company is paying you to do something, you don't own it, the company does. But it's referring to work they did while at work.

This special section seems to be highlighting work that employees have done on their own time.

TheRealTVGuy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Orlando, FL

Sorry to be a day late to the party, but I read this and literally did a spit take I was laughing so intensely!

Just for giggles, can you name a few places where iTunes needs to be cleaned up?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

They aren't. This wasn't work done on Apple time, property or equipment.

A part of me wishes this had never leaked out. Too many folks canning it. Saying these folks have better things they should be doing. But most of these folks are likely retail and not working on any software, hardware etc. And this is stuff they are doing on their own time. After all most of them are part time

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
It's probably a "fun company" to work for now that Steve is not there because if he were nobody would be going home, or to sleep until they fixed the podcast issues of 11.1 on the iTunes team.

It always was a fun company with or without Jobs. I never felt a day that I wanted to quit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.