Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
(First of all sorry for my bad english it's not my native language) I can't understand it, why does everyone hate Apple? I was talking about macs with my friend here is the dialog:

Me: I'm going to buy a Mac.
Friend: No, don't buy a Mac!
Me: Why?
Friend: They suck!
Friend: You can't play any games with Macs and no program runs with macs.
Me: Actually I don't want to play any games also you can run or dual-boot windows on mac to play games and run anything with it.
Friend: Pfff... Macs can't run windows.
Me: Did you ever heard of boot-camp or parallels. You can run OS X and Windows at the same time.
Friend: You don't know anything about technology, you can't run 2 operating systems at same computer.
Me: What about dual-booting and running a different OS with virtual machines?
Friend: I can see that you don't know anything. It's impossible to run 2 operating systems on same comp. Also Macs use Apple chips. Intel and AMD chips are better.
Me: Umm... Macs use intel chips.
Friend: What ever... Macs sucks.
Me: Why?!?!?!?!
Friend: I don't know, I hate macs also you can't run Windows on it.
Me: Did you even listened me?
Friend: Macs suck, only Apple fanboys use macs.
Me: Have you ever used a Mac?
Friend: No, beacuse Macs sucks.

This is really stupid. When I ask people why they hate Apple, they have no reason but they hate Apple. Also they think iPhones are not a ''real'' smartphone and they think Apple did not invented / innovated anything they stealed from Samsung ( :eek: ). Have you ever visited 9GAG or watched surface commercial. Everbody thinks Android and Windows is better than OS X and iOS but they have NO reason. This drives me crazy, I can't understand it! What do you think?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Everybody doesn't hate Apple, as evidenced by yesterday's media event. The iPhone 5s is Apple's best selling iPhone, so clearly there are many many people who like apple, and apple products.

The popularity of this site is also evidence in how many people like apple.

Not everyone likes them, and that's ok, to each his own

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Different people have different opinions. That is the beauty of humanity and neither is right or wrong. Unfortunately however, your friend appears a little uneducated.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Everybody hates Apple and Apple users?

Gee, had I known you had the market on the data that would back such crap up, I would have contacted you long long ago.

Everybody doesn't hate Apple and Apple users. Your friend has issues, clearly. Not sure what you're hoping to gain by posting some supposed conversation between yourself and your "friend".

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Everybody hates Apple and Apple users?

Gee, had I known you had the market on the data that would back such crap up, I would have contacted you long long ago.

Everybody doesn't hate Apple and Apple users. Your friend has issues, clearly. Not sure what you're hoping to gain by posting some supposed conversation between yourself and your "friend".

Everbody in my neighborhood has some issues. Sorry for this thread it was stupid but I was really angry and nobody wants to listen me :( How do I delete a thread?

mwa

Suspended
Jun 3, 2013
Memo: A Slower Seesaw!
Everbody in my neighborhood has some issues. Sorry for this thread it was stupid but I was really angry and nobody wants to listen me :( How do I delete a thread?

Don't worry about it and don't feel bad. People are people. So often what they do or say doesn't make any sense or have any logic behind it.

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Didn't know they have internet access in jail.

Or did you not punch him right between his eyes? Some people deserve that. :)

mizzouxc

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
I get this quite often and I'm in my 30's. Honestly, I think they're jealous they made a bad purchase decision. If you go over to Engadget, there is constant apple bashing going on over there. Sadly, it's the small minded individuals (and there are lots) that can argue nothing but a spec sheet. As Jobs and current Apple leadership have stood firm, it's a total solution, not just hardware specifications. It's the software+good hardware and ecosystem that make a great product. Other manufactures get generally 1/3 correct.

Money talks, and people buy Apple.

(First of all sorry for my bad english it's not my native language) I can't understand it, why does everyone hate Apple? I was talking about macs with my friend here is the dialog:

Me: I'm going to buy a Mac.
Friend: No, don't buy a Mac!
Friend: They suck!
Friend: You can't play any games with Macs and no program runs with macs.
Me: Actually I don't want to play any games also you can run or dual-boot windows on mac to play games and run anything with it.
Friend: Pfff... Macs can't run windows.
Me: Did you ever heard of boot-camp or parallels. You can run OS X and Windows at the same time.
Friend: You don't know anything about technology, you can't run 2 operating systems at same computer.
Me: What about dual-booting and running a different OS with virtual machines?
Friend: I can see that you don't know anything. It's impossible to run 2 operating systems on same comp. Also Macs use Apple chips. Intel and AMD chips are better.
Me: Umm... Macs use intel chips.
Friend: What ever... Macs sucks.
Me: Why?!?!?!?!
Friend: I don't know, I hate macs also you can't run Windows on it.
Me: Did you even listened me?
Friend: Macs suck, only Apple fanboys use macs.
Me: Have you ever used a Mac?
Friend: No, beacuse Macs sucks.

This is really stupid. When I ask people why they hate Apple, they have no reason but they hate Apple. Also they think iPhones are not a ''real'' smartphone and they think Apple did not invented / innovated anything they stealed from Samsung ( :eek: ). Have you ever visited 9GAG or watched surface commercial. Everbody thinks Android and Windows is better than OS X and iOS but they have NO reason. This drives me crazy, I can't understand it! What do you think?

mwa

Suspended
Jun 3, 2013
I love the argument that Macs are too expensive.

I know one young couple - they both work, have a low-cost home, drive new vehicles, have the latest cellphones, go out to eat right and left, and need a new computer but buy a Dell because buying a Mac is too expensive.

I'm like, I paid $400 for a Dell, another $700 for a Dell two years later, a thousand or so on a Sony Vaio that lasted a year before slowing down, another several hundred in AV over the course of those computers, got shafted by customer support (at $24.99 a pop from Sony) less than a year after purchase despite the extended warranty, but spending $1100 on an iMac that's lasted for five years is too expensive?

My old boss used to jab me about buying a MBP because he spent under $800 on his "high end laptop" that had seams in the plastic, a case that creaked when you open the lid, keys that sound loose and clack loudly... I still remember his eye rolling as he told me there's no difference in quality.

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Different people have different opinions. That is the beauty of humanity and neither is right or wrong. Unfortunately however, your friend appears a little uneducated.

Agreed. Get what ever works best for you and meets your needs. Ignore what others have to say about it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
20 years ago people hated Apple because they were the bottom of the food chain and if you bought a Mac you were a loser. Today if you buy an Apple product you are a poser and following the trends. The problem Apple will have now is over saturation the same as what happened to Windows during Apple's dead years. It will even out and people will buy what works best for them and not just what looks cool.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Last week I took a flight from Montreal to Toronto. There were four people going through security at the same time - all of us had MacBooks. (two of them were together). Go to a Starbucks. Go to a university.

And get a better class of friends. ;)

badman89

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
You made a thread titled "why does everyone hate Apple and Apple users?" just because one of your technologically challenged friends was a hater. How do you go from the example of your friend hating Apple to "everyone" hating Apple? It would have been more accurate to title this thread "why does my stupid friend hate Apple?" An even better title would have been "why is my stupid friend so stupid?"

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Samething happens hear when you mention Android here. Some of the popular lines are:

1) Android sucks
2) Google is evil
3) iPhone is better than Android because it is.
4) Android sucks cause they're plastic

And so on. Most of that is ignorance/sillyness. In regards to your friend, face it their just ignorant of technology and don't know what they're talking about. He denies you can't run Windows on Mac. Don't let it get to you, it comes with the territory on all sides. Just let them live in ignorance, when it's obvious they don't have a clue. :D

mwa

Suspended
Jun 3, 2013
And there are Apple fans who will do the exact same thing bashing Windows, Chrome, etc., etc. Don't be one of those people.

There are hypocrites and fanboys on both sides of the aisle... That's why I always back up my pro-Apple arguments with cold hard facts about how awful non-Apple stuff is. :p :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.