Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I'm loving mine! I only bought a 16 gb wifi for the sake of using it to watch tv in bed but if I decide to skip the retina mini to replace my 1st gen mini then I'm going to return this one for more space and lte. It's so lovely and light!!

Velin

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Saw them in store, new iPad looks great. Line of 10 people waiting to purchase or pick up at 6:30 p.m. or so.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
If my iCloud restore would finish I think I'd have some love. God iCloud sucks. :mad:

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Love mine.
Solves all the problems I had with the 3rd gen. Now the horrid 3rd gen is a distant memory.

The Air is feat of engineering.

Love it.

TigerMe

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2011
Very pleased! It's a very solid device. The size/weight are impressive but the thing folks won't realize until they use it is how FAST THIS THING IS. It's performance is off the charts fast.

Well done Apple on this one.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
Totally love mine. Best tablet ever. People love to find things to hate. I woke up at 3am to make sure I got 128GB space grey. My iCloud restore was the fastest and smoothest I've ever seen. My iPhone took overnight and multiple restarts to restore. I expected to not have a usable tablet but it restored everything in like 10 minutes. Best of all, I was able to download 6 movies and I still have a little over 60GB free. The device is such a joy to hold and use I can't put it down. I can also finally can hold a full sized iPad with 1 hand and interact with the other. I still have my old iPad and the heavy ness is dramatically less.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I'm happy with mine. The upgrade to Retina is nice and it is lighter. I just need my keyboard case to come in.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Mine restored in like 5 minutes. It was the smoothest ever restore for me.

Lucky for you. I don't know why I have such issues with iCloud on my iPad. iPhone works great. Anyway I had to resort to iTunes. Whoever designed the mess that is the current version of iTunes needs to be fired. :mad:

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
Lucky for you. I don't know why I have such issues with iCloud on my iPad. iPhone works great. Anyway I had to resort to iTunes. Whoever designed the mess that is the current version of iTunes needs to be fired. :mad:

Lol... You're being kind of dramatic.

capcaveman

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Seriously don't understand how anyone could not love this thing

I upgraded from an iPad 3 to the iPad air and I like my iPad 3 but there were many things about it that I found frustrating mainly the fact that there was a seemingly slow response time especially when I use speech recognition. But now the iPad air is everything I always hoped a tablet would be. When I try to do something it does it right and very quickly. It feels much more comfortable in my hands. The iPad 3 always felt like something that I was really looking forward to in a futuristic sense but not quite there yet. This thing makes me feel like I'm John Luke Picard dictating my captain's log.

ovation802

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I upgraded from a iPad 4th gen. My main reason was size/weight. I love it. It feels so much lighter and smaller that I had to double check the box to make sure it wasn't a mini. I don't notice any crazy improvements in speed over the previous generation and I turned on reduce motion because the animations stuttered. But overall love it! Was considering the tmobile version but I think I will never need data enough to justify. My 2 cents: love it worth the upgrade.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
Very pleased! It's a very solid device. The size/weight are impressive but the thing folks won't realize until they use it is how FAST THIS THING IS. It's performance is off the charts fast.

Well done Apple on this one.

I agree with you 100%!!!! I love the Air!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
It blows my Mini away and now I have a bigger screen for movies and games etc.

The weight and bigger size is EASILY tolerable.

What is not to love? And no, I have do not have screen defects! :D

c613m

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
Ottawa
Loving the Air. Everything about it is an improvement over previous gen's. One handed handling is a breeze and not uncomfortable. Battery life is great. Can't really say anything negative because it's awesome.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Coming from a Mini to the Air was a much better jump than I thought it would be. The thinness and weight are so much better than I originally envisioned. Has to be held and used for a bit to really appreciate.

I LOVE it!

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
I love the big screen for videos and reading the newspaper and sheet music. I'm coming from a Mini and I adore the Retina and larger real estate. I'm a bit sorry that Next Issue has no Retina support as ease in reading magazines was another big reason I upgraded from the Mini, but at least the other magazines in Newsstand look pretty good on it.

I am still using the Mini at the gym (easier to hold while on a bike) and for reading in bed, but otherwise the Air is now my go-to iPad.

Saberj

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
I'm going from a launch day iPad 2 16GB to my 32GB iPad air. So I have a whole lot more to see and love about the Air than most people. The size, the weight, retina, lightning, the speed. It's all a huge leap forward from what I was used to. That's the great thing about skipping generations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.