Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cityathrt

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
Another fan here. First iPad but handled a family member's iPad 4 excessively over the past month. I adore the size/weight, and the reduced side bevels make one handed operation so easy.

I love the size for reading books, watching videos, and surfing the net. Absolutely adore it.

lapino

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
just picked up mine, coming from ipad3. amazing how much lighter it feels. screen feels different (more plasticky) but doesnt bother me. love everything about it so far. also notice I am using it one handed constantly for reading, something I never did with my previous ipads.

SamuraiMinis

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
Has anyone here used they're iPad with no screen protector? If so, how has it fared?? I am thinking of possibly going bare with my iPad air when it arrives soon.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
This was the first time since Retina that I had that "wow" moment the second I picked the device up. So sexy :cool:

ucfgrad11

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2013
Has anyone here used they're iPad with no screen protector? If so, how has it fared?? I am thinking of possibly going bare with my iPad air when it arrives soon.

This is my first iPad and it seems to be doing well with no screen protector. Typical smudges but I'm pretty careful without a case so I feel comfortable not using one.

Seniordan

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Canada
Went from an iPad 3 to a mini and now to the air. Holy crap did I miss the big screen. I'm absolutely thrilled with the air. Just gotta find a red Smart Cover now!

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Upgraded from iPad 4 and I absolutely love mine :D

Got 32GB, wifi, Space Grey.

Had planned all along to get 16GB but changed my mind at the last minute and I'm so glad I did.

Love the design of this iPad. I loved the mini when it launched last year but held back because of the lack of retina but I really do prefer the bigger screen.

Anyone who says they can't see a big difference from the previous gen iPads and this one is delusional :p

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
Show me the love :)

Absolutely best tablet on market, Surface and Samsung tablets are bricks with many disadvantages. Amazon kindle feels like low budget movie :) Among ipads it is one made the best, I wish I have touch-id only i addition :) One day with it and I am stunned for every second I am using it. And yes I own ipad 2/3/4 for one year each, great tablets but two floors below air one.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
This was the first time since Retina that I had that "wow" moment the second I picked the device up. So sexy :cool:

For me this is the first WOW moment since the introduction of the original iPad that I have had. The mini was an almost WOW moment as well.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008

I've never used a screen protector on any iPad and have had no screen scratches. But I do use a sleeve case when it is in a bag.

So far I am loving the air. Easy thumb typing in portrait and two handed touch typing in landscape. Easy one handed holding in portrait or landscape as well, and I dint feel the need to rest it on something.

Not as easy as the mini of course, but I don't want to give up the input accuracy of the larger display.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
This new Air is definitely my favorite device ever. It is without a doubt the only device to WOW me since the first iPad was announced in Jan 2010.

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
I upgraded to the Air from an iPad 4 today. So far so good. I love the weight reduction and the fact that I can thumb type much more comfortably in portrait mode than the previous generations. It's still a little too big to comfortably hold in one hand for extended periods, but I don't have to give up the screen size either so I'm good with it.

Speed I can't really speak to, the iPad 4 was a screamer already, but I'm sure as I get into more heavy lifting I'll see a difference.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Coming from an ipad 4 which made me an ipad convert after a mixed experience with my ipad 1 the Air is everything I wanted. The weight and size reduction is fantastic. Big difference in how approachable that makes an already fantastic device.

Speed is only a little bit noticed so far - primarily in app switching there is less delay before the app is ready to go and web browsing is better than ever. It may be the fastest browser I own. Rendering is nearly instant and flipping through multiple back pages is seamless. Too bad tabs have to still reload at times!!

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am in love with this thing, I went and got the smart case today, nice case, but wish I could keep this baby NAKED!

Went from an iPad 3 to the Air!

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Loving my 128GB iPad Air. Coming from an iPad 3 and an original mini. For me, this is the best of both worlds. Thin and light like a mini but with a large screen. And with bottomless storage space.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
So far so good. Had Safari crash once and that's been the sum of my issues. Ease of use exceeds my expectations. Rather enjoy using it.

I handed it to my wife last night asked her what she thought. She said it feel "cheap". Cheap! I asked her why she thought that and she said it was too thin.

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
Lucky for you. I don't know why I have such issues with iCloud on my iPad. iPhone works great. Anyway I had to resort to iTunes. Whoever designed the mess that is the current version of iTunes needs to be fired. :mad:

Probably best for another thread, but you are so right. Every iteration of iTunes gets worse and worse. They keep trying to fix what isn't broken, then I spend hours trying to make it look somewhat close to what it looked like before. And as far as IOS 7 goes, I'm convinced that John Ivy isn't what he was cracked up to be. Without Steve Jobs prodding Ivy is a mere mortal.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Probably best for another thread, but you are so right. Every iteration of iTunes gets worse and worse. They keep trying to fix what isn't broken, then I spend hours trying to make it look somewhat close to what it looked like before. And as far as IOS 7 goes, I'm convinced that John Ivy isn't what he was cracked up to be. Without Steve Jobs prodding Ivy is a mere mortal.

I disagree. Steve jobs without his team is a mere mortal also. Additionally, most of the gripes i have with iTunes are with the software and not with the design itself..

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
First Timer Here

I picked up my iPad Air on Friday 11/1. This is my first iPad and I can say it is incredible. I went a little overboard but WTF, I got the 128 GB WIFI/Cellular model in wht/Sil. I was hesitant on the color but I bought it anyway. The thing is really simple to use. I own a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1. I know there is a newer Galaxy Tab and it might be super, but this iPad, along with my new iPhone 5s and 2012 rMBP, I think I've found heaven. :cool:

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Although I use iCloud backup I always use my Mac when upgrading. A quick backup in iTunes then restore to the new device.

Loved my 4th Gen, 3rd Gen and now Loving the iPad Air.

The wifi is much faster, I can get 120mb/11mb on speedtests over my AirPort Extreme from my cable broadband.

The screen is much better with improved refresh which now avoids the 'wobble' when scrolling.

Weight, it feels incredibly light compared to the 4th gen and comfortable to hold in one hand without resting it between your hand and forearm.

Cellular speed is also excellent, 15-20mb on 3G (no LTE near me yet).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.