Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brocksley

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Utah
My battery is being drained instantly fast. Activity Monitor is blaming spotlight indexing. When I look at my console, holy cow. Here are the errors, they are literally coming in every second:

mdworker: (Warning) Import: Bad path:
mds: (Warning) DisStore: Server returned -1 setting attributes

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
My battery is being drained instantly fast. Activity Monitor is blaming spotlight indexing. When I look at my console, holy cow. Here are the errors, they are literally coming in every second:

A-ha! Looks like you've found the culprit. When I see strange behavior like this, I respond by quitting the offending processes in Activity Monitor. If that doesn't make the issue go away, then other options need to be tried. Such as, digging deeper to find on which disk the Spotlight errors are happening.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Did you try reseting the spotlight index to see if that fixes the issue

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Try a command-r boot to recovery and from there open Disk Utility and do a repair disk on your drive. Then restart and enter the below command in Terminal to reindex Spotlight.

Code:
sudo mdutil -E /

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.