Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hachiman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Where do you guys sell it for a good price as a seller? I prefer to avoid craigslist and eBay.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple, bestbuy takes trade ins, and as mentioned gazelle is an option.

I used this for my iPhone and was satisfied with what they gave me.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I always use Best Buy. I found them fair with their offers. I always trade in when I upgrade to the next model. But they'll also give you a gift card for the value and then you can use it as you like. I really like Best Buy for he convenience.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I typically sell mine privately typically to work colleagues thus avoiding those companies and usually get a higher price.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Sold my iPad 3 on EBay & sent my mini to Amazon for $195 GC. Both were the best bang for buck options for each @ time I liquidated them.

Becact

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
Gazelle offered $140 for my old mini. Sold it on craigslist for $250 in one day.

Similarly, they offered about 350 for my iPhone 5. Sold it in about a week on craigslist for $500.

There's really no reason to not use Craigslist. Meet in a Starbucks or something and you'll be fine. Plus, cash same day. No check, no waiting.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
I've sold a few to folks at work. I just sold my 3 by posting it on Facebook and it sold in 5 minutes. I really prefer to sell privately if I can. eBay/PayPal fees are crazy and other companies like Gazelle just don't pay enough.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I try to find a friend, or even better, a friend of a friend. No fees, no shipping. You can give them a deal and still make more than you'd get selling on eBay. eBay is great for moving items quickly, but the fees hurt on high priced items.

Ask around at work/school/etc. If your price is fair you'll be surprised at how many people become interested.

ikev85

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2012
If I don't give it to a friend free/cheap i use e-cycle.com because they're a local company, and i only need to send in the device. They don't care about box, case, charger, etc etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.