Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wahlstrm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2013
Size

It´s one of the few modern smartphones that still fits in your pocket instead of needing its on messenger bag..

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Wanted something other than a Nokia for a change, and I did not want an Android, so the list got pretty short.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My employer bought it for me. I like their decision but I'd have been fine with any free smartphone. :)

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
Had a Galaxy S3 for a year and I hated it. It was just loaded with rubbish I would never ever use and it felt like a cheap plastic toy.

I looked at what I really use my phone for, and I realised that I actually use it to make and receive calls, keeps appointments in my calendar, read emails and message friends. I don't need the massive screen and I really don't miss it.

I have an iPad and a Macbook Pro so everything is available across all devices. No effort and no stress.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Ecosystem was the main reason

Other reasons:

Ease of use

Fluidity and reliability of the hardware

Good customer services (Apple)

Integrates well with my iPad and Apple TV. I had android tablets and an android phone but they didn't connect well with each other.

I wanted my MP3 player and phone to be the same device.

I wanted a smaller device

I wanted a good camera that was easy to use

I wanted a phone with 64GB internal memory

I wanted a phone that was well supported with accessories.

Build quality/ beautiful design

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
-Already invested in the ecosystem

-elegant hardware

-software update dependability

-well supported and the number of them adopted nationally.

-technical support

-I own an iPad and an AppleTv

-3rd part support

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Well I'm a BIG apple fanboy. I'm in high school so I don't have a job. So last year I got an iPhone 4 8gig for Christmas. I didn't but it. If I did I would have gotten a 5

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
I had an android device (HTC desire). I had troubles with the Os, got no update ever, rooted my device and flashed lots of custom roms only to see my battery discharge in a few hours and the camera not working and force closing. thought about buying another android device, but another problem was, that back then (don't know about know) back then there was no way to pay for apps if you didn't have a credit card in austria. switched to the iPhone, got my fathers apps via homesharing and am happy with the device, the support and the OS since then!

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
What made you chose this phone?

Thanks for all the answers
Updates and support.

I didn't want to buy into the Apple ecosystem.... But...
Android is a cluster*.
Jan-Feb of 2011 WinMo failed at their promise of direct updates for Nodo I think.

I bought an iPhone 4, first smartphone. Soon after, an iPad 2. Haven't looked back.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Because I was a long time Apple customer.

Yet my iPhone 5S was a massive disappointment. No longer relevant for my usage because it's too tiny and cramped, I've kept it as a spare.

My absolute all time favorite is my stellar Nexus 5.

With a very spacious, beautiful 5" display and SWYPE lightning fast keyboard, I'm very happy that I embraced change. Equipped with Android KitKat 4.4.2, this is one very advanced smartphone.

My smartphone productivity and enjoyment has never been better.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It was the most interesting at the time when Palm had their clunky Treos and Microsoft had their Windows Mobiles that relied heavily on a stylus. Plus, I already had a Pocket PC on the side.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I chose the iPhone 5 because, coming from a Blackberry Curve, I found it much easier to use and it looks a hell of a lot nicer and not cheap looking like the Blackberry phones. Surfing on the web is easy, playing games is easy, screen size is perfect for me. I could go on and on, but in all reality, I chose the iPhone because it's something that I knew would work out for me, and by no surprise, it did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.