Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Continuing the tradition from previous betas....

Post any bugs, new features, or changes in iOS 7.1 beta 4 that you notice compared to beta 1/2/3 and/or iOS 7.0.4. I'll keep this post updated with everyone's findings

New features / changes / fixes:
- Auto-brightness bug fixed
- Purchased list bug in App Store fixed.
- Updated / shinier "Slide to Unlock" and "Slide to power off" text
- Smoother scrolling in Messages conversations
- Reminder app no longer has to be running for the geofence to work

Last edited:

touchipods

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Does it fix Safari crashing on Apple's own website?

See here for more info:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1694203/

Also a video:

Finally, how much free RAM is available on 7.1 beta 4 compared to iOS 7.0.4 under the same conditions. A fresh reboot with no apps running besides a system app that checks the RAM usage?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Could be just me, but it looks like the "> slide to unlock" text on the locked screen seems to animate in a somewhat different fashion now.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I should also mention that the beta 3 bug where the names of the apps were missing in the Purchased section of App Store seems to have been fixed.

Last edited:

Ensaladin

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
The Log Notes reports that the Safari Bug has been fixed, a Bluetooth thing in the 64bit devices running 32bit apps, and the iMessage bug that doesn't show when a message failed to send.

Notes and Known Issues
The following issues relate to using iOS SDK 7.1 beta 4 to develop code.

Bluetooth
Known Issue
32-bit apps running on a 64-bit device cannot attach to BTServer.
CFNetwork
Notes
A compatibility behavior has been added to address an issue where some web servers would send the wrong Content-Length value for “Content-Encoding: gzip” content. Previously, NSURLConnection and NSURLSession would send a “network connection was lost” / NSURLErrorNetworkConnectionLost (-1005) error in this situation.

The compatibility behavior applies only if the Content-Length value exactly matches the expanded gzip’d content. It won’t apply for “off by 1” or similar miscounting.
Messages no longer indicates a send failure immediately after sending.
Safari
Notes
A property, minimal-ui, has been added for the viewport meta tag key that allows minimizing the top and bottom bars on the iPhone as the page loads. While on a page using minimal-ui, tapping the top bar brings the bars back. Tapping back in the content dismisses them again.

For example, use <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=1024, minimal-ui”>.
UIKit
Known Issues
Bar button background images are ignored in apps built and deployed to iOS 7.1 when they are set using UIBarButtonItem setBackgroundImage:forState:style:barMetrics: with UIBarButtonItemStyleBordered as the style argument.Workaround: Use UIBarButtonItemStylePlain or UIBarButtonItemStyleAny in this case, or use UIBarButtonItem setBackgroundImage:forState:barMetrics:.
If a UITextField or a UILabel that is baseline aligned with constraints has attributes that change after the constraints have been added, the layout may be incorrect. The exception to this is -setFont: on UILabel, which should work as expected.Workaround: Avoid making changes in UITextField or UILabel after adding baseline-alignment constraints. If you must make changes, you should remove the constraints and then reapply them afterward. Note that this is a performance hit, so don’t do it unless it is necessary.
The backIndicatorTransitionMaskImage from a storyboard or a xib will not be interpreted correctly at runtime.Workaround: Set the backIndicatorTransitionMaskImage in code.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah sure, I'm upset :rolleyes:
Perhaps you could stop derailing the thread then? Report whatever it is you think you have an issue with to the mods and move on, rather than filling an otherwise useful thread that already had a number of on-topic and useful posts with a bunch of pointless petty banter.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Anyone getting server errors when trying to update? Went through fine on my iPad but iPhone won't go past verifying...I imagine the servers are getting hit pretty hard or something

Also interestingly my iPad let me update without agreeing to the terms, the verifying update box came up over it before I could tap agree. One last Beta 3 bug?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone getting server errors when trying to update? Went through fine on my iPad but iPhone won't go past verifying...I imagine the servers are getting hit pretty hard or something
Took a while for it to even get going and start downloading on my iPhone. More than likely simply more load at times, as you mentioned. Just got to keep on trying, or try a bit later at some point.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
If you're not interested in contributing to the thread and subject matter, then please don't post. Lets stay on topic.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Beta 4 I've heard has a lot changes behind the scene, not visual changes. This is good, Apple need to fix the crashes!

thebrocode

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
"Relocated icon for adding contacts in Phone Dialer"

Courtesy of iDownloadBlog
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01/20/apple-ios-7-1-beta-4/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 376

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
I asked this in a previous thread, but anyone else having issues with the music app freezing when clicking artists with large discos? It only seems to happen to The Beatles (1.38 GB), oddly enough artists with 1 GB open.. has happened since beta 3, still happening in beta 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.