Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Found this romping through Gizmodo today and thought I'd share.

http://roadtrippers.kinja.com/new-video-footage-of-worlds-tallest-waterslide-is-abso-1506535175

New video footage of world's tallest waterslide is absolute insanity
Greg Newkirk on Roadtrippers
Today 10:29am

You might have heard the rumors that Kansas City is about the receive the world's largest waterslide, but if you haven't seen the new drone-shot video.. you don't know how terrifying it's actually going to be.

The new ride, named, Verrückt, stands at 17 stories high (bigger than Niagara Falls!) and will send brave riders down the slide at 65 miles per hour (faster than my first car!). Did I mention that verrückt means "insane" in German? Because that's pretty much what this ride is going to be.

ku-xlarge.jpg

The world's tallest waterslide officially opens at the Schlitterbahn water park in Kansas City this Memorial Day. Good thing no one can see you sweat in the water.

Youtube clip included. Enjoy.

BL.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
You go down in a tube I'm assuming? Otherwise there could be some serious butt-burn :D

Also, there's a large chunk of the population who can't even climb 17 stories haha

Last edited:

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Not a chance in hell. I've done my share of heights while working on lighting systems. And having mis-stepped more than once and having that "falling" feeling, I won't do anything that gives me that feeling by choice.

The stairs around the side make me nervous. 17 stories up with just a little rail on wet steps. I don't foresee things going well.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
The finished slide better have some higher sides:eek:

That's what I thought. I see major liability issue here. The stairs alone look like an accident waiting to happen when it comes to rambunctious and reckless kids.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
That's what I thought. I see major liability issue here. The stairs alone look like an accident waiting to happen when it comes to rambunctious and reckless kids.

Oh I'm sure they'll make you sign some insanely long release that absolves them of all responsibility even in the case of gross negligence on their part. :rolleyes:

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
At first when I heard "worlds tallest water slide in Kansas City" I thought "Oh, cool, I may have to drive across Missouri and check that out sometime!" then I actually watched the video. No thank you.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
If you remove the letter "l" from the name of the water park, you'll get a better idea of what people will do when they're on this slide. "Clean up on ride 7!" :)

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Mah, summit plummet at blizzard beach is 120 feet (what's that 12 storeys) and reaches 60mph.

I have been on that and it wasn't too bad.

I would have a crack at this.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It's not quite a waterslide. More of a ride because they advertised "you and 3 friends." That means you are going on a detachable sled.

At least they have a conveyor belt carrying the sled up, and you don't have to drag it up all the way like the snow version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.