Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
The best waterside I was ever on was in Ontario Province Canada in the late 70's. It was on the Lake Shore and the slide was built into the hill. For the life I'm I seem can't remember that park.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Instant Enema!

No thanks. Maybe in my younger days. I don't know that I could even get up the stairs now. That's way too open and way too high up for me. I agree with the others about rambunctious kids. I'm sure somebody will fall off the stairs. The slide's prolly safe, but the stairs... nope. As a parent, no way I'd let my kid do it.

bradl

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
does this compare to the looping waterslide? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nw68VNOYb8

i think the anticipation of waiting to get dropped would be terrible!

My understanding, and this is just from the video clip, is that the looping water slide is fully enclosed; obviously to prevent you from falling out of it at the top of the loop.

Going off the video, this doesn't appear to be totally enclosed, plus taller (given).

I'd love to see someone take this on with Google Glass.

Instant Enema!

No thanks. Maybe in my younger days. I don't know that I could even get up the stairs now. That's way too open and way too high up for me. I agree with the others about rambunctious kids. I'm sure somebody will fall off the stairs. The slide's prolly safe, but the stairs... nope. As a parent, no way I'd let my kid do it.

Agreed. That's the biggest issue I have; If I weren't a parent, I'd think of giving this a go. But I'm hesitant because I have children I'd love to go home to.

BL.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I have a fear of heights and I'm really not an adventurer/risk taker at all, but I would hop on this ride. It's really tall, but it isn't that steep. If it was more of a steep "drop off" type ride, I would really shy away from it. As it appears from the video, it looks like it has a long enough descent that I wouldn't be tooooo afraid of it.

Haha, I say all of this now...until I get to the top and stand toe to toe with it and turn right back around!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I have a fear of heights and I'm really not an adventurer/risk taker at all, but I would hop on this ride. It's really tall, but it isn't that steep. If it was more of a steep "drop off" type ride, I would really shy away from it. As it appears from the video, it looks like it has a long enough descent that I wouldn't be tooooo afraid of it.

Haha, I say all of this now...until I get to the top and stand toe to toe with it and turn right back around!

If it is stairs to go up. I think I would be more scared going down the stairs than going up.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
If it is stairs to go up. I think I would be more scared going down the stairs than going up.

I agree. Years ago I was rafting in Maine and we had the opportunity to jump off a cliff. I was nervous as hell, and climbed to the top and realized I didn't want to jump. Unfortunately, it was more dangerous to climb back down the slippery hill than to just jump, so I sucked it up while promising to haunt the crap out of the rafting company if I died.

I made it, but I'd imagine being at the top of this slide and wanting to go down would lead to a similar dilemma.

bradl

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
True. I kinda thought about that too. I envisioned a sort of "escalator" leading up to the top rather than a steep set of stairs.

I want to say that I saw this either at Six Flags Mid America (yg17 can confirm that for me), or at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City..

But for one of the big rollercoasters that they had at the time, If you got in line, there were one or two chances to take what they called the "chicken exit", which got you out of line and to the exit of the ride without having to double back and go out the way you came in.

with that, I would think that some sort of spiraling escalator (like the one they have at the Forum Shoppes at Caesar's Palace in Vegas) would be better here, with on various floors give you the option for the Chicken Exit, with an elevator that takes you back down to ground level.

Hopefully they would consider something like that while building this.

BL.

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
Oh I'm sure they'll make you sign some insanely long release that absolves them of all responsibility even in the case of gross negligence on their part. :rolleyes:

Problem with that is that those "release forms" don't really mean much of anything in the real world. They're suit deterrents, and that's it.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I want to say that I saw this either at Six Flags Mid America (yg17 can confirm that for me), or at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City..

But for one of the big rollercoasters that they had at the time, If you got in line, there were one or two chances to take what they called the "chicken exit", which got you out of line and to the exit of the ride without having to double back and go out the way you came in.

with that, I would think that some sort of spiraling escalator (like the one they have at the Forum Shoppes at Caesar's Palace in Vegas) would be better here, with on various floors give you the option for the Chicken Exit, with an elevator that takes you back down to ground level.

Hopefully they would consider something like that while building this.

BL.

Nope, I haven't been to Six Flags for years.

I don't recall any escalators leading up to rides, pretty sure it's all ramps and stairs, but I could be wrong since it's been so long. Also don't recall any chicken exits, but I wouldn't be looking for them because there's not a ride at Six Flags I wouldn't go on ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.