Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Hi, i am getting a g4 powerbook 15" 1.67ghz and want to get a case for it. I was thinking some sort of sleeve (ie no handle and soft) that will not scratch or damage the notebook. I heard that the sleeve that apple sells can damage the case, so I was wondering what you guys can suggest for an awesome soft, sleeve like case for my new notebook.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Apple doesn't sell a sleeve, you must be thinking of the iPod socks?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
ITASOR said:
Apple doesn't sell a sleeve, you must be thinking of the iPod socks?

Or maybe he's thinking of the cheesy case that now ships with the iPod, which I've heard CAN scratch the dickens out of a brand-new iPod. My iPods have never been subjected to those. The Nano lives in one of the colorful and soft little Apple iPod socks (no scratches yet!) when it's in my purse enroute to the car and the 5G nestles in its iSnug case when not being used or on the dock.

Back to the topic, though: there was quite an extensive thread about carrying cases/sleeves for iBooks and PBs and now I guess it's been distilled into a sticky of sorts in the Buying Tips forum.

OTB

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
i wasnt talking about the ipod case. I read somewhere that apple sells some kind of sleeve type case which, when zipped, can damage the powerbook. I guess the article must have been mistaken or talking about some other store.

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
get an incase case for it
get the one for a 15" PB
thats what ive got comming, they are however $99 new but im sure you can find them else where from the Apple Store cheaper

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.