Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkala

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
cleveland
while listening to music on my comp via itunes, songs occasionally have an echo effect, where they sound like they might start to skip but the part of the song just starts to echo and then goes back to normal. at first i thought it was part of the songs but it is not. it is getting quite annoying and i was wondering if anyone else had these issues?
thanks

john159

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2005
it sounds like you may have the equalizer set at a setting that makes an echo, check the equalizer in iTunes and turn it off. Also, i have a program on my computer that controls the sound of the speakers, that is seperate from itunes. It has its own equalizer that can make it sound like i am listening to music in a alley, parking lot, cave... etc... all of these have echos... check all the equalizer that you may have... in the end it might just be the song you are listenign to :p

hkala

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
cleveland
john159 said:
it sounds like you may have the equalizer set at a setting that makes an echo, check the equalizer in iTunes and turn it off. Also, i have a program on my computer that controls the sound of the speakers, that is seperate from itunes. It has its own equalizer that can make it sound like i am listening to music in a alley, parking lot, cave... etc... all of these have echos... check all the equalizer that you may have... in the end it might just be the song you are listenign to :p

i shut the EQ off and it still had the echo effect.
it is not the songs.
no one has experienced this?

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
are you sure its not the songs? have you tried deleting them off your ipod and re-copying them?

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
I get that effect if I am streaming a station or mp3 file and the server runs out of bandwidth. It then catches up, and it's back. You didn't mention if these were local files or streamed.

hkala

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
cleveland
zarathustra said:
I get that effect if I am streaming a station or mp3 file and the server runs out of bandwidth. It then catches up, and it's back. You didn't mention if these were local files or streamed.

they are tracks in my itunes imported from cd's. i'm assuming that makes them local?

trust me people....it is not the tracks..i have the same tracks on another pb and they dont have this effect.
btw, this is happening on a brand new pb.

pintonyc

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
eeecccchhhoooo effects ;9

i am running xp and was also looking for a solution for the same problem when i read the advice of turn off echo, although i know that is not what the thread is about, but i decided to lower the time of transition or fade effect from 12 secs. to 8 secs. and i also went to the itunes player controls and made sure that repeat all was on or clicked. hasn't happened for the last three hours.:cool:

1mosh1

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2015
Found the root of the problem

Go to your iTunes.

Preferences --> Playback Preferences --> Uncheck "Sound Enhancer"

Should work.

Reactions: thatsjef
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.