Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple released a Bluetooth Firmware Update for Mac OS X 10.4.3 which improves Bluetooth performance and reliability issues. The Update is available via Software Update and also as a standalone installer.

The Bluetooth Firmware Updater supports D-Link USB Adapters and Apple internal Bluetooth modules on the following CPUs:

* iMac G4 (Gooseneck)
* 12" Titanium PowerBook
* 15" Titanium PowerBook
* iMac G5
* Mac Mini

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
i've been waiting for this my BT connection has been a nightmare since 10.4.3

SHadow

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Bern said:
12" Titanium Powerbook?? :eek:
Yeah, I saw this update earlier today, and noticed this mistake... 12" Titanium Powerbook? Maybe that's Steve's Mac! :p or the new Mactel... :p

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Just installed it on my mac mini and BT seems to be working much better no connection drops, the whole software update process in this case is more complicated than it looks--> the only thing software update does is download a Bluetooth firmware updater, when the mac restarts it runs this program then goes about a fairly long process to update your mac's bluetooth module,

SHadow

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
What a weird selection of computers. Even assuming the Ti is a typo, why the 12" and 15" and not the 17" or latest iBooks, since they all use the same BT module?

Also, a version 1.2 of the updater was released ages ago.... hmmmm....

akb

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2004
UK
I got the update on my 15" Aluminium Powerbook... wasn't expecting it to be there. :confused:

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Nothing in my Software Update for my Mac mini, Rev. A 1.42 GHz with built-in BlueTooth (OS X 10.4.3).....

:confused: :confused:

I saw this update over at versiontracker for quite a while now... Listed as of Monday the 2nd.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Anyone downloaded it manually from the Apple site? I've downloaded it for my 12" 1.5GHz PB but it said it didnt need it...ah well, worth a check! Obviously why it didn't appear in my software update either!

The page seems to be corrected, states this now:

"The Bluetooth Firmware Updater supports D-Link USB Adapters and Apple internal Bluetooth modules on the following CPUs:
iMac G4
12" PowerBook
15" PowerBook
iMac G5
Mac Mini"

Address here: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bluetoothfirmwareupdateformacosx1043.html (just to save you a bit of time!) No problem mkrishnan.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Gil_Grissom said:
The page seems to be corrected, states this now:

Can you please post a link to this page? Is it the same as the one I linked above, or another one?

EDIT: I guess you were adding it while I was writing this. Thank you! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.