Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Well, probably not for ALL Mac minis..?? :confused:

Here's mine (with built-in BT.... check pull-down menus):

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    156 KB · Views: 252

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
joelypolly said:
Why is this posted now? This update is over a year old now! And here i was all excited... for nothing...
See here
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bluetoothfirmwareupdater12.html
kinda weird apple would repost it

See the post by Gil_Grissom two posts up... this is apparently a *different* updater package than that one (I posted the same thing as you just did several more replies up ;) ). Note that the file sizes are not the same.

Now I'm wondering... is this just a follow-up for some units that refused to take the updater before? Since they weirdly have the same version number?

To those few people who actually got this update...do you have an entry in your updater history for the Bluetooth 1.2 update from 2004?

sdf

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2004
joelypolly said:
Why is this posted now? This update is over a year old now! And here i was all excited... for nothing...
See here
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bluetoothfirmwareupdater12.html
kinda weird apple would repost it

I would *guess* that something in 10.4.3 breaks the updater. Not the firmware, just the updater. Since most of us already have the firmware, we don't need the updated updater.

But that's only a guess. It could also just have more localizations or something in the updater.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
mkrishnan said:
See the post by Gil_Grissom two posts up... this is apparently a *different* updater package than that one (I posted the same thing as you just did several more replies up ;) ). Note that the file sizes are not the same.

Now I'm wondering... is this just a follow-up for some units that refused to take the updater before? Since they weirdly have the same version number?

To those few people who actually got this update...do you have an entry in your updater history for the Bluetooth 1.2 update from 2004?
Good point. Ye, a tad strange! Your suggestion seems logical, I'm going with it!

Well it seems those who need it can get it, those who don't need it, it won't install. Fairly simple. Everyone's happy! Hehe!

UPDATE:
Just checked the Apple download page again and there is a list of new wireless updates after the bluetooth update. Not sure how new this is to you, thought I'd just point it out!
First time I've seen "AirMac" though!

Attachments

• picamu.png
    picamu.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 215

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Just checked my BT Firmware version, and it is:

BT Software is:

1.6.6f22

(this Mac mini does not require the update)

Anybody else who could post some extra info?
Weirdest update....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Does your Mac Mini have BT1 or BT2 (I don't pay that much attention to the Mini, but didn't Apple unannouncedly start shipping units with the BT2/AE card alongside the upgraded video card?)?

FWIW, I have a rev. A iBook G4/12", 10.4.3, which received the updater in 2004 but not the one currently being discussed, and I have the same revision numbers for both things.

mrichmon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
MacsRgr8 said:
Anybody else who could post some extra info?
Weirdest update....

Mac Mini 1.5GHz (Assembled week 42, 2005): no update found by software updater. Bluetooth firmware version 3.1965. Apple Bluetooth Software version 1.6.6f22.

Al 15" Powerbook 1.5GHz (assembled week 25, 2004): no update found by software updater. Bluetooth firmware version 2.1.586. Apple Bluetooth Software version 1.6.6.f22.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
mkrishnan said:
Does your Mac Mini have BT1 or BT2 (I don't pay that much attention to the Mini, but didn't Apple unannouncedly start shipping units with the BT2/AE card alongside the upgraded video card?)?

FWIW, I have a rev. A iBook G4/12", 10.4.3, which received the updater in 2004 but not the one currently being discussed, and I have the same revision numbers for both things.

I'm fairly certain I have the non-EDR BT (= BT 1?)

By chance I seem to get the update on my 17" PB G4 (1 GHz Alu)

I'll post info "before" and "after"....

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Gil_Grissom said:
First time I've seen "AirMac" though!

Airport in Japan, due to copyright reasons.

My 12" PowerBook Rev. C didn't have it show up... and yes, I did apply the original 1.2 update a while back under Panther, IIRC.

And last I checked, my PowerBook was Aluminum...:confused:

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
mrichmon said:
Mac Mini 1.5GHz (Assembled week 42, 2005): no update found by software updater. Bluetooth firmware version 3.1965. Apple Bluetooth Software version 1.6.6f22.

Al 15" Powerbook 1.5GHz (assembled week 25, 2004): no update found by software updater. Bluetooth firmware version 2.1.586. Apple Bluetooth Software version 1.6.6.f22.

Whoa!
That took a long time to update! :eek:

But (finally), here the befores and afters:

Before
Apple Bluetooth Software:
1.6.6f22
Firmware Version:
HCI & LMP Version:
HCI Revision:
526 ($20e)
LMP Subversion:
526 ($20e)

After
Apple Bluetooth Software:
1.6.6f22
Firmware Version:
HCI & LMP Version:
HCI Revision:
1586 ($632)
LMP Subversion:
1586 ($632)

Tnx for your info, mrichmon.

centauratlas

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
BlueRevolution said:
presumably it only appears in software update on the listed machines... :p

It also appeared for my 17 inch 1.5 GHz PPC G4. Took a while to install, but it did install.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
Wait

On my machine I tried downloading the update, but when Installer came up it said it was not needed. (For my parents mac mini) I spotlighted bluetooth it came up with this:

It says it was downloaded on december 9th???:confused:
What in the world does this mean, or is this an old update.
Also this is hte 1.5ghz mac mini that was quietly announced by apple, since it was a recent model could they have pre-installed it?

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
I have a 12" PowerBook and it has not come up in Software Update, so I'm assuming the 12" Titanium is more than just a typo... But the 15" TiBook never had Bluetooth built in anyway so it must be referring to USB modules..

MyLeftNut

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all,

The updater came up for my PB 17 RevC and I started the software update for the firmware but the update seemed to have stalled. I continually had to prompt it to continue with the update and now (even though it states specifically not quit the process) I had to and after the reset the bluetooth icon is no longer available and it is not in system prefs. Can anyone help me? I dont understand why the update failed and in my interrupting the process I hope I havent stuffed it up...cheers.
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.