Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
okay, i am using my ipod shuffle, i updated it and now i am importing enough songs to fill it up, well it has been transfering for over half an hour and it still has 96 songs left.. why is it so slow, the ibook has USB 2.0, and i could have sworn that it was near the speed of firewire...this transfer would take a couple minutes with firewire
any ideas?
thanks

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Do you have the option turned on that converts songs to 128kbs AAC format when they're transferred to the shuffle? If so, that significantly adds time to transferring songs.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
croshtique said:
Do you have the option turned on that converts songs to 128kbs AAC format when they're transferred to the shuffle? If so, that significantly adds time to transferring songs.
yes, but even then, it is still transferring now (from where it was before) thats like 1.5 hours for less then a Gig...

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
I would still recommend turning that option off. Converting your songs to 128kpbs on the fly will be hampered by anything else you are doing on your iBook at the time don't forget.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.