Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Mar 3, 2014, 09:35 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple's iPhone Trade-In Program Launches in France Retail Stores

Starting today, Apple is expanding its iPhone trade-in program to French retail stores, making France the third country to offer Apple's in-store recycling initiative. Though not publicly announced, an Apple spokesperson in France confirmed the launch to iPhoneAddicts.

The program allows customers to trade-in an older iPhone at a retail store and immediately receive up to EUR215 ($296) in a gift card credit that can be used towards the purchase of a new iPhone. French retail store employees have been briefed on the program and have been told to inform customers of the recycling option when they buy a new phone. Trade-in details already listed on France's Apple Store website.

Apple's in-store iPhone recycling program debuted in the U.S. in August 2013 and was rolled out to the UK a few months later. Apple has a similar online trade-in program that requires customers to send in their old iPhone before receiving a credit. This mail-in program may offer greater value for a used iPhone, but the in-store program offers the convenience of a no-hassle credit that's immediately applied to the purchase of a new model.

Article Link: Apple's iPhone Trade-In Program Launches in France Retail Stores
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:13 AM   #2
Guibspy
macrumors newbie

Canada's stores too

Apple stores in Canada will start soon to offer the Trade-In program

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

Starting today, Apple is expanding its iPhone trade-in program to French retail stores, making France the third country to offer Apple's in-store recycling initiative. Though not publicly announced, an Apple spokesperson in France confirmed the launch to iPhoneAddicts.

The program allows customers to trade-in an older iPhone at a retail store and immediately receive up to EUR215 ($296) in a gift card credit that can be used towards the purchase of a new iPhone. French retail store employees have been briefed on the program and have been told to inform customers of the recycling option when they buy a new phone. Trade-in details already listed on France's Apple Store website.

Apple's in-store iPhone recycling program debuted in the U.S. in August 2013 and was rolled out to the UK a few months later. Apple has a similar online trade-in program that requires customers to send in their old iPhone before receiving a credit. This mail-in program may offer greater value for a used iPhone, but the in-store program offers the convenience of a no-hassle credit that's immediately applied to the purchase of a new model.

Article Link: Apple's iPhone Trade-In Program Launches in France Retail Stores
Guibspy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:28 AM   #3
jfoley89
macrumors member

Wonder when Australia will get it
jfoley89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2014, 01:22 PM   #4
Gabichon
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibspy View Post
Apple stores in Canada will start soon to offer the Trade-In program
How do you know this? I live in Canada and having this would be awesome!
Gabichon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Cuban Missles
macrumors 6502a

I think this is a great thing for apple and they need to be rolling it out faster. Because of this program, I stood in line and bought my 5s and my wife's 5c at an apple store last year. Usually I would just go to the AT&T store.

The service difference was great, and as a result I also went ahead and bought a couple of other accessories from Apple.

Bottom line the customer wins with better service over the telcos, IMO, and Apple wins with up-sells and cross-sells.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 04:54 PM   #6
sixrom
macrumors 6502a

Good news, this is a very good program.
sixrom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2014, 05:44 PM   #7
kdarling
macrumors G5

What are the different prices they offer? And for which models?

The article noted the highest offer as being around $300. I think the lowest is around $120 (?).

How is this compared to selling on Craigslist or eBay?
kdarling is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2014, 08:23 PM   #8
carjakester
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarling View Post
What are the different prices they offer? And for which models?

The article noted the highest offer as being around $300. I think the lowest is around $120 (?).

How is this compared to selling on Craigslist or eBay?
guaranteed money. much much less though.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:42 PM   #9
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjakester View Post
guaranteed money. much much less though.
Yap, it's a trade-off just like selling anything else privately vs trading it in: more $$, but more hassle, or less $$, but no headache.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 08:54 AM   #10
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs4nw View Post
Yap, it's a trade-off just like selling anything else privately vs trading it in: more $$, but more hassle, or less $$, but no headache.
^^This basically. I'm about to do this with my wife's Iphone 4 for the 5c next week. I just don't feel like the hassle of craigslist or eBay.
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion