Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

htraver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
There's so many sites to sell iPhones and iPads but which do you think is the best? I want to sell my iPhone 5S but want the most money. I don't want to deal with eBay or anything though, just want to use a buy back site. It's easier :).

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Craigslist, meet in a coffee shop or library.

A lot of people use swappa if you're not interested in CL.

Stefan Spiring

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
If you want easy and more money than Gazelle, try UpgradeSwap. They pay you through PayPal before you ship the phone. Pretty cool site, I've used it myself.

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
I use ebay a lot. However, every time I get the final value fee I get all mad at them and say I'm not going to use their service again(its 10% the final selling cost). But, I actually sold a Galaxy Note 3 on eBay today. So I must not get that mad.hahaha
I prefer craigslist, its cash and no final value fees or hassle of shipping. Just meet in a public place and not after dark.

iamvogue

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
I would recommend Craigslist. Just make sure you meet them somewhere public to avoid unnecessary troubles and remember to deal by only cash on delivery. Happy selling :D

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
eBay has way to many fees now. Use either craigslist, Facebook, or Swappa. Swappa is really nice, a $10 flat fee paid by the buyer but it's included in the listed price they see. Much clear than the way eBay does it. You'll only be out Paypals fee.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Craigslist, meet in a coffee shop or library.

A lot of people use swappa if you're not interested in CL.

This. I would never buy on craigslist b.c I don't think I could get enough time with a used phone to determine if there was a real issue.

Sell on craigslist, buy on swappa.

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
I use my local classifieds when selling, and purchase from Apple when buying.

nox5

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
If op is from small town in the middle of nowhere, craiglist won't work. If op has no feedback on ebay it may be an issue. Also op should unlock the iPhone through op's carrier to attract more buyers.

EvilQueen

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2013
In my own world
There's so many sites to sell iPhones and iPads but which do you think is the best? I want to sell my iPhone 5S but want the most money. I don't want to deal with eBay or anything though, just want to use a buy back site. It's easier :).

A buyback site usually nets far less than selling it outright on ebay or something like that.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Craigslist works pretty well so long as you're smart about it. You will probably get the most bang for your buck on Craigslist too.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
I always sell mine to recycle companies, slightly less money then if i sold to a person but none of the hassle.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I use eBay, but I cant recommend it 100%. Sell it on Craigslist and meet in a public area as aformentioned. Or Swappa. Stay away from eCycle. Crock of crap they were

Izaiah

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2013
FL
I use Craigslist for iPhones. They're easy to sell and get a good price for.

I've used eBay for my past Android phones because they're harder to sell on CL. I'm not a fan.

kaylerrific

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2012
I sold one at an apple store for an apple gift card. I know I probably could've gotten more for it elsewhere, but the apple store was so easy.

willfl

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2014
I use Gazelle.com and highly recommend them. They send a prepaid shipping box and have always paid the full amount quoted.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I traded in my old phone at Best Buy when I bought my new phone and I know i did not get as much as I would have if I used craiglist but I was looking for a easy way to get some money for my old phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.