Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ec51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
How is ebay a hassle?

Take pictures, list phone, sell phone. Some lazy people out there...

marrism

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2014
UpgradeSwap finally does what I've been wanting...fair prices and paying me before I have to ship the phone. I never felt comfortable sending a phone without getting paid first. They address that concern for me.

+1 for UpgradeSwap

inboxer

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2013
I've sold my iPhones, older ipads, and other cell phones (*BLACKBERRY - GASP*) to online buyback websites buybackworld.com and gazelle.com. Shop between the two to see who offers the highest prices as they are both reliable and pay quickly. I've used buybackworld instead of gazelle over the last couple of years since they pay higher prices and will send you a free box or envelope. I know I may be able to get a few more bucks on CL, but don't want to deal with the time or hassle.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
UpgradeSwap finally does what I've been wanting...fair prices and paying me before I have to ship the phone. I never felt comfortable sending a phone without getting paid first. They address that concern for me.

+1 for UpgradeSwap

Swappa.com. best place to do it at.

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
Luckily in India the smaller shops buy old phones when u buy new from them.

So I always sell it to the "Friendly Neighbourhood Shopkeeper":D to get highest rate for selling and lowest rate for buying :)

Infact I got a discount of 5% for buying unlocked iPhone 5s Gold 64 GB:apple:.. Which the Apple stores in India never give

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Craigslist.

Sometimes Amazon.

I try to avoid Ebay as much as possible these days.

iGuy CA

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
I now use MyBuymax.com only for all my cell phone selling. I tried Gazelle.com and others, but Buymax at mybuymax.com was by far the highest and their service was so much better than the others.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I used to use eBay but their listing fee's and transaction fee's have made it less desirable of late. I tend to mention it on Facebook to see if any family or friends want the phone and then if not I use freeAds. I'm not giving away 10+% of the profit just for a space on a website. :)

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
If you are not selling on craigslist or eBay (sometimes) you rant getting the most money out of your devices. Why do you think there are so gazelle type buy back companies? Why do you think every major retailer has a buy back program? It's not to be nice it's because they make huge profits off you the funny thing is a lot resell on eBay and still make a huge profit even after selling on eBay haha.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Swappa is pretty decent for phones and fees, ebay does have a discount (bonus) going on at the moment though for 40$ back if your phone sells for more than 200$.. which any 6/6s/7 will sell for these days. Totally covers any seller fees, and I usually get about 10% more on ebay than craigslist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.