Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Smartphone are you using.

• Total voters

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
It's that time again. As requested I have changed this thread from being monthly to quarterly.

Currently using the Moto X and have been since early February. Overall have been very pleased with it. It gets what I need done. Camera is MUCH better than my Nexus 4's so I am content with it. Performance is decent and haven't had too many issues with it. Love the build and feel in the hand and I think that is this phones strongest suit. Battery life again is much better than my Nexus 4's. I don't have to bump charge nearly as much as I used to with the Nexus.

Now it's your turn again.

Here's last quarters

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1691254/

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
5s for my phone. I also carry a Note 3 as my "tablet". Looking to consolidate these soon to either the IP6, or the Nokia 930.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
As if last night I'm now on a WP8 phone. Specifically the Nokia Lumina Icon

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
iPhone 5s for my work phone

Sony Xperia Z2 for everything else

Still keeping my Nexus 5 just to see what google comes up with next and as a reliable backup phone :)

khha4113

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2013
Nexus 5. BTW, it's "Android" not "Andriod".

Last edited:

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Moto G. Switched from iPhone since last poll.
Happy with Android, and will be upgrading to a better Android phone soon.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Running on a Moto X as off 11:40 am EST! :D

Except iMessage has messed up all my texting. Basically every person I text uses iMessage and now 3/4th of them can't even text me. I did the text verification code so hopefully within the next 12-24 hours everyone will be able to text me.

I do have a few gripes about the Moto X from the iPhone. I mostly miss the silent switch and the bouncing scroll and a few minor things, but overall I'm fine.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM

Except iMessage has messed up all my texting. Basically every person I text uses iMessage and now 3/4th of them can't even text me. I did the text verification code so hopefully within the next 12-24 hours everyone will be able to text me.

I do have a few gripes about the Moto X from the iPhone. I mostly miss the silent switch and the bouncing scroll and a few minor things, but overall I'm fine.

So far things i miss from my iphone is emails and safari.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

The mute switch can easily be replicated with a widget like 'Power Toggles'. Nice thing about this widget is you can add one touch activation of Bluetooth, tethering, WiFi, etc.

And of course, if you want the rubber band effect, you can always root and add something like Xposed Frameworks which can give you all sorts of tweaks like that.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I'm really not liking any of the recent phones.

I'm pretty good with my SGS3. I can do everything I need.

To make me change first thing would be a much much better battery life.

I was thinking of getting the G2 but sometimes I feel like getting a phone released last year would be a mistake because it will stop getting updates sooner than later.

The SGS5 still suffers from the same annoyances as my SGS3: TouchWiz slows down the system, bad plastic body (whereas the plastic body of the Nexus 5 or the Moto G is really nice), TouchWiz takes up a lot of ram, etc. Plus there's the Knox thing now.

SGS5 wouldn't feel that much different from my SGS3.

The new One has the terrible camera and it's too tall.

Z2 is perfect except for it's size. I don't want phablets.

So waiting for G3 (hoping it's not as big as this ones), Moto X2 or Nexus 6.

But seriously... what do these new phones offer that my SGS3 doesn't? I don't play games in my phone (I do on my tablet), so I don't need a powerful processor. The camera on the SGS3 is super super good. I can record 1080P videos. I've got a big 4.8 720P display, so no problems with that.

Only thing bad is battery life. That's why my next phone must have amazing battery life so I don't need to change phones again for many years I hope.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I own a Moto X and iPhone 5s. I currently use my iPhone. Might switch back to the Moto X in a few months I am a bit a.d.d. when it comes to phones. I do tend to like my iPhone a bit more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.