Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I just purchased the Office University subscription and now have 30GB of OneDrive vs 7GB of Dropbox. I realize that OneDrive and Dropbox work essentially the same and OneDrive has the advantage of tying in with Office.

I know I can use both, but I prefer to have one main one running. Had OneDrive been reliable for you?

Any issues syncing or updating between Mac, iPad, cloud, etc.?

Thanks!

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
I just purchased the Office University subscription and now have 30GB of OneDrive vs 7GB of Dropbox. I realize that OneDrive and Dropbox work essentially the same and OneDrive has the advantage of tying in with Office.

I know I can use both, but I prefer to have one main one running. Had OneDrive been reliable for you?

Any issues syncing or updating between Mac, iPad, cloud, etc.?

Thanks!

I have to say Microsoft's latest offerings have been rock solid for me. I'd say you would notice no negatives going to one drive! Only thing to note would be their is a 2gb file size restriction.

Oz.

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
I use OneDrive on my iphone and is great,

Last edited by a moderator:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I found it to be reliable, it does what its supposed to do. I think dropbox may be a scosh faster in its uploading/downloading but all in all, its been a good service.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
I've had no issues at all with OneDrive. Also the extra storage is super cheap if you decide you want more storage.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I have to say Microsoft's latest offerings have been rock solid for me. I'd say you would notice no negatives going to one drive! Only thing to note would be their is a 2gb file size restriction.

I use OneDrive on my iphone and is great,

I found it to be reliable, it does what its supposed to do. I think dropbox may be a scosh faster in its uploading/downloading but all in all, its been a good service.

I've had no issues at all with OneDrive. Also the extra storage is super cheap if you decide you want more storage.

One problem I noticed is a lack of support for Pages files. I can't open them from an email into OneDrive on iOS and it won't display them. Only dropbox seems to support them...

I should clarify by specifying Pages 09 files, I don't use Pages 5 and it's infuriating process of opening in other apps as a zip file.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think I read that OneDrive doesn't support some metadata so this may be why its having issues. Since I'm using Office on the iPad I'm not seeing this issue.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I think I read that OneDrive doesn't support some metadata so this may be why its having issues. Since I'm using Office on the iPad I'm not seeing this issue.

No, it doesn't support certain metadata. I also use Office on iOS and OSX. However, for certain tasks I still enjoy using Page '09 on OSX, that it the file type that Dropbox will view, but one drive won't.

*Sigh* Aww well, 30GB of storage still has to count for something doesn't it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.