Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milohuang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Recently I noticed that Safari is not saving things, not caching images, and even Flash. I play some online Flash games and every time I close and open Safari, I need to download them again but on Chrome and Firefox, everything is fine. Does the Flash sandbox has anything to do with the situation? Anyone encounters probelms like this?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Recently I noticed that Safari is not saving things, not caching images, and even Flash. I play some online Flash games and every time I close and open Safari, I need to download them again but on Chrome and Firefox, everything is fine. Does the Flash sandbox has anything to do with the situation? Anyone encounters probelms like this?

Open Safari's Preferences, Advanced button ad put a checkmark in the box for "Show Develop menu bar". Then in the Develop menu item see if 'Disable Cache' is checked or not.

milohuang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Open Safari's Preferences, Advanced button ad put a checkmark in the box for "Show Develop menu bar". Then in the Develop menu item see if 'Disable Cache' is checked or not.

Thanks for the reply, but no, it's not checked. Normally images are fine but for example, if you visit armorgames.com to play a Flash game of your choice, you need to load (download) every time if you close the tab/window of Safari. But on Chrome and FF, it's fine. Just don't know how this is happening.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Thanks for the reply, but no, it's not checked. Normally images are fine but for example, if you visit armorgames.com to play a Flash game of your choice, you need to load (download) every time if you close the tab/window of Safari. But on Chrome and FF, it's fine. Just don't know how this is happening.

Then open System Preferences->Flash Player and see if you are allowing 'Storage' settings.

milohuang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
It seems to be you. T sounds as if in System Preferences->Flash Player pane you don't allow Flash cookies at all. Check that to see if it helps.

I can see the "Allow site to save info on this computer" is checked. So there must be something else wrong. Guess I may just do a clean install instead. Thanks anyway!

AwiAziz

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
does clean install fix your problem?
My safari has the same problem like you. I consider myself tech-savvy in which I've explored every possible idea and research it on the net before coming to post here.

Got no solution so far. Haven't do clean install yet, might as well ask you first since doing clean install will wipe out data (which i hate). Thanks and have a good day.

haravikk

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2005
I have the same issue; it seems that Safari just doesn't want to cache Flash files, not sure if it's because they're sometimes large, or perhaps because a lot of sites use Javascript to wrap the actual Flash object; in armorgames' case for example the flash file is wrapped within some kind of javascript that loads it and the fancy menu that lies to either side.

Might be worth reporting to Apple via bugreport.apple.com if you have a developer account (or for any developers reading this), as the caching system shouldn't really care what type of content it is so long as it's got the appropriate cache headers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.