Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Visionblue

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
I hate to start a new thread about email clients but I haven't really found an answer to this particular question...

I've recently come to the conclusion that the mail apps for both osx and ios aren't really meeting my needs. I'm having a lot of bugs with not receiving emails on both platforms.

I've been looking online for a better client and I am very interested in inky and mailbox. Unfortunately neither work on both platforms. I like Apple's ecosystem because it connects all of my devices so seamlessly. Does anyone use a mail client that works on both os x and ios? I'm not a huge fan of the gmail app as I use multiple e-mail accounts for work, personal, etc. and they are not all gmail accounts.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
I'm not sure if there even is a client that works on both platforms... I'll be watching this thread for suggestions.

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
I'm using Postbox on OS X. I'm still using mail.app on my iPhone while I wait for Mailbox to allow access to private email servers, but if you're on a comparable email service give it a try, it's pretty good.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think its a mistake to find one product that works on both platforms, I'd say find the best one that works on OSX and then another for iOS. Since they'll be different enough anyways thanks to iOS and the touchscreen the same app will work differently anyways.

For example, OSX's mail app is quite different then iOS' version. So why limit yourself to one app that runs on both platforms when you may find superior alternatives if you mix and match.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
I think its a mistake to find one product that works on both platforms, I'd say find the best one that works on OSX and then another for iOS. Since they'll be different enough anyways thanks to iOS and the touchscreen the same app will work differently anyways.

For example, OSX's mail app is quite different then iOS' version. So why limit yourself to one app that runs on both platforms when you may find superior alternatives if you mix and match.

I feel like most email clients that come out on the app store eventually stop getting supported and you've gotta jump onto something else.. doesn't happen with mail because it's always supported.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
For a different approach check out Mail Pilot. Haven't used it but saw some news articles on it because the company is local.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.