Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
I saw this one when browsing the web today. Anyone seen any others?

Attachments

• 728x90_appleintel_011006_US.jpg
    728x90_appleintel_011006_US.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,334

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Not exactly an advert, but I am also amused by the phrase on the apple homepage "What's an Intel processor doing in a Mac? A lot more than it's ever done in a PC." Intel aren't really worried by this negative marketing by Apple either.

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
I saw a TiBook ad on an old history video we saw at school, but other than that, as far as I can see, Apple don't even have an advertising department

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
BlizzardBomb said:
Looks official to me :D

Doesn't to me. What designer would chop a tiny bit of the left of the Apple logo off? I could do it better than that. I would think it would say "Apple", not "Mac" but that's not really true I guess.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
greatdevourer said:
I saw a TiBook ad on an old history video we saw at school, but other than that, as far as I can see, Apple don't even have an advertising department

You're joking, right? Do you remember the commercial where vern troyer was using the 17" PB and Yao Ming was using the 12" PB? Or one of the literally hundreds of ipod/itunes commercials? I also recall seeing a bunch of ads when the G5 came out.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
adk said:
You're joking, right? Do you remember the commercial where vern troyer was using the 17" PB and Yao Ming was using the 12" PB? Or one of the literally hundreds of ipod/itunes commercials? I also recall seeing a bunch of ads when the G5 came out.
exactly, just scroll through watchmactv.com, there are tons of old commercials to download, including for Power Mac G5s, iMac G4s and G3s, Powerbooks, and so forth.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
i dont understand why apple doesnt advertise their computers.. they shud explain in the commercials that windows cant get viruses, and theres an alternative to everything on windows.. they need to shatter the perception that ignorant windows users have, and i think more people wud switch.. that is the biggest things i hear other friends say when i tell them how good macs are.. they usually say.. macs suck.. they are so slow.. nothing is good for them... but i thought you cant watch movies on macs... stuff like that..

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
jer446 said:
i dont understand why apple doesnt advertise their computers.. they shud explain in the commercials that windows cant get viruses, and theres an alternative to everything on windows.. they need to shatter the perception that ignorant windows users have, and i think more people wud switch.. that is the biggest things i hear other friends say when i tell them how good macs are.. they usually say.. macs suck.. they are so slow.. nothing is good for them... but i thought you cant watch movies on macs... stuff like that..
I totally agree with you. Apple needs to spend more money on marketing. Id love to see as many mac commercials as there are ipod commercials.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Laser47 said:
I totally agree with you. Apple needs to spend more money on marketing. Id love to see as many mac commercials as there are ipod commercials.

I predict we'll start seeing a lot more Mac commercials after the Intel transition is complete

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
but see, i have a problem with commercials like the one that was posted here, about the intel chips.. to the average joe, what does that mean? Nothing, they need to explain to the basic user that there is an alternative, and that alternative can do everything that windows can do and thensome, without the struggle, and need to shatter their old image.

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
adk said:
I've seen them online, but never anywhere else. Not on TV. Not on billboards. Not on bus stops. Not in magazines/papers. To me, Apple make all these great ads, but then never release them

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Chaszmyr said:
I predict we'll start seeing a lot more Mac commercials after the Intel transition is complete

You may be right... but what Apple are doing with their marketing strategy is interesting because it's more interwoven with the iPod and the stores — using that connection with and exposure to the user-experience to increase visibility and awareness.

TV commercials have little effect when falling on deaf ears.

From my experience, Apple tend to advertise in print and outdoors advertising more often than they release substantial TV campaigns. There are some very clever people at Apple and I suspect that they know what they are doing to get the most out of their promotional budget.

They also have a hidden resource: excellent word-of-mouth from the army of acolytes and switchers.

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
They had a few iPod and the new Intel ads on TV, Ipod ones have been going on since xmas here in the UK. I see billboards and bus stops every day advertising the iPod, and a few iMac's here and then.

All my hairs on my back stood up when the Intel ad was on TV.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
howesey said:
They had a few iPod and the new Intel ads on TV, Ipod ones have been going on since xmas here in the UK. I see billboards and bus stops every day advertising the iPod, and a few iMac's here and then.

All my hairs on my back stood up when the Intel ad was on TV.

woo, the intel ad's on UK tv? that's cool..which channel did you see it on?

I think we get most Apple ads on C4..

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
runninmac said:
I just saw the Intel ad on a TV football game, my parents thought I was weird for getting so excited over it.:cool:
lol, I just saw that commercial too, my mom was like WTF when I started getting all excited all over a commercial.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
runninmac said:
I just saw the Intel ad on a TV football game, my parents thought I was weird for getting so excited over it.:cool:

I think they were wondering how they raised such a geek. :p J/K

Saw it too during American football.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
mac-er said:
I think they were wondering how they raised such a geek. :p J/K

Saw it too during American football.

Probably, especially because my mom didn't know how to turn on a computer until 4 years ago, where she was required to learn by her work:confused: :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.