Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2003
Switzerland
as in my thread before i am addressing the issue of having a Charracho server and Airport internet connection...

i have gotten so far that i know that i haveto open a few ports now i have about 2 more things I need help on...

• if i pess the *add* button in the *port Mapping* section of the *Airport Admin Util* what do i type for *Public Port*, *Private Address* and *Prvate Port* ?

and,

•what do i do next ?

•••WHY DOES NOBODY HELP/ANSWER ?•••

Ziggyzee

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2002
That's cause you really don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

maclova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2003
Switzerland
this is a *help* section ! not a *flame the dumb person* section... so please keep ur dumb remarks and help me !

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Private address is the IP address of the machine that is running the program. Note that this means that you need static IP addresses on your internal network. You need to Google search for the port number(s) used by Charracho as I don't know them

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by maclova
this is a *help* section ! not a *flame the dumb person* section... so please keep ur dumb remarks and help me !

don't worry, ziggyzee feels compelled to make such comments to nearly everyone who asks for help...

Ziggyzee

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2002
When have I replied to anyone asking for help. I don't know jack about the the mac os right now, so I surely would not give help,

I was referring to my question where macloc said to me...

"LoL ! thats cuz you really dont need to be a rocket scientist to look at the *utils* folder and find out that there are quiete helpful apps in there

maclova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2003
Switzerland
ok, i opened the ports 6700, 6701 and 6702 (the ones that are required for the various things)... i am not sure if i did it the right way but i put the same for the upper and lower entries of the little box that appears and left the private address as it was... i still cant connect/administrator my server... any further help will be VERY greatly APPRECIATED !

thanks robbieduncan for a USEFULL comment !

-MACLOVA :)

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by Ziggyzee
When have I replied to anyone asking for help. I don't know jack about the the mac os right now, so I surely would not give help,

I was referring to my question where macloc said to me...

"LoL ! thats cuz you really dont need to be a rocket scientist to look at the *utils* folder and find out that there are quiete helpful apps in there

my apologies. i recognized your name, and remembered the other thread where someone had responded in such a fashion to you (maclova) and thought it had been the other way around. in that case, you got what you deserved maclova.

sorry again zig

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.