Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

franzkfk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2011
Czech Republic
Hi,

I am still not decided whether buy or not the new iPad mini with retina or wait for the new one with Touch ID adn faster processor but nobody knows when it comes out. Kuo said that it should be in three months but ... you know ... but.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
a sound advice from an OG, If u can I would say wait. the release is only 3/4 months away.
unless you really have to have it now.. then if u can buy it and sell it when it gets released this fall to get the new one u can do that too.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
My money is October... the only reason rMini was delayed to November is because it's the first time it's a retina and it had issues. I remember when they did a silent release too.. only the apple insiders anticipating knew about it when it silently released.

That's not a problem this year so everything points to an October release.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Improvements between iPads are usually much smaller than with iPhones.

I'd get one now if you really want one. I don't think it's worth 4 months to wait just for Touch ID and a faster processor.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you can wait, then wait, you'll almost always be rewarded with a faster product.

FWIW, I think the current rMini's are plenty powerful but as we approach summer, waiting gets easier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.