Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueXIII

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2014
Hello,

I was in an Apple store awhile back and I seem to remember one of the geniuses telling me that they offer discounts for both students and teachers.

My question is, what if you're both a student and employed as a teacher? Is it possible to get both discounts?

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
My understanding is that the discount that Apple offers direct to customers is an Educational Discount as in they offer discounts for both students and teachers. It is the same discount either way.

Additionally many educational institutions have agreements with Apple where they are able to extend their discount to their employees and students which is different than the above discount.

Efrem

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2009
If you go to a $9 movie, and the price is $6 for students and senior citizens, would you expect to get in for $3 if you're a 68-year-old student?

There is, as posted, an education price that is lower than the standard price. You can get the educational price as a student, a teacher, or in some cases an employee of an educational institution. It makes no difference how many of these you are. It is a lower price for which you need to be eligible in at least one way. Being eligible in more than one way doesn't make the education price any lower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.