Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Thinking about getting Bootcamp for my 13" MBA 2013 model. I'm pretty new to Bootcamp so I have no idea what to do. I plan on seriously studying it before I do it.

My understanding is that I can no longer get Windows 7 and instead have to opt to get Window 8 through a Microsoft Store? Is there anyway I can get it digitally? I don't know if not having a disk player in my MBA will be a problem.

Thanks

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Thinking about getting Bootcamp for my 13" MBA 2013 model. I'm pretty new to Bootcamp so I have no idea what to do. I plan on seriously studying it before I do it.

My understanding is that I can no longer get Windows 7 and instead have to opt to get Window 8 through a Microsoft Store? Is there anyway I can get it digitally? I don't know if not having a disk player in my MBA will be a problem.

Thanks

Yes. Windows 8 is available as a download or on disk. You are still able to buy Windows 7 at retailers like Best Buy or online at sources like Newegg. Both are just fine for your Mac.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Since you have an MBA, get the ISO version from store.microsoft.com, and then from there use bootcamp to create a bootable USB thumb drive from that ISO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.