Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gibson88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
United Kingdom
I'm thinking about buying an iPad over the next few days and I much prefer the form factor of the mini. The only thing that's putting me off is that with the iPhone 6 all but confirmed in 4.7" and 5.5" sizes with hit be overkill to get a smaller tablet.

Does anyone here use a larger screen Android phone and a iPad mini and if so what is your experience like?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have a 5" phone and I still use my rMini quite a bit. I may opt for the new larger iPhone 6 when it comes out, and my expectation is that my rMini usage will be the same.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
I own an iPad mini retina and a Moto X (with a 4.7 inch screen), and am happy with the combination. The larger screen of the mini makes it much more practical for me for reading full sized pdf documents, viewing maps, and taking notes, while it's still small enough to slip into a jacket pocket and go everywhere with me. I only use the phone to make phone calls and to play music. As a result, the phone's screen size doesn't matter much to me. If I had an iphone instead, I'd be happy with the 4.2 inch one, and wouldn't see the point in getting a larger one when they came out; anything where the screen size would make a difference, I do on the mini anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.