Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cemorris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
Anyone else getting iWeb publishing errors over the last couple of days? I have a site with about 45 pages, most of which are photo pages. iWeb will error out during publishing. Most of the errors state there was a error while trying to upload some .js file. Other times it just errors out saying there was an error publishing my site with no further info. I deleted my site from my .mac account, then deleted all my prefs for iWeb and still nothing. I am now going to try and repair permisions and see how that goes.

kwajaln

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2004
CHICAGO!
I had serious publishing issues Fri and Sat, as in only 2 of 10 pages properly published. The rest got an error screen. Solution: I used the "publish to folder" option and copied that folder, along with the accompanying "index" file, to my iDisk. As soon as I did, the iWebsite was 100% perfect. I hope this helps. Oh - delete the folder that's on your iDisk now for the iWebpage and then copy the new one in it's place.

cemorris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
kwajaln said:
I had serious publishing issues Fri and Sat, as in only 2 of 10 pages properly published. The rest got an error screen. Solution: I used the "publish to folder" option and copied that folder, along with the accompanying "index" file, to my iDisk. As soon as I did, the iWebsite was 100% perfect. I hope this helps. Oh - delete the folder that's on your iDisk now for the iWebpage and then copy the new one in it's place.

Thanks for the reply. I was also only getting just a few pages published. I am trying one more time this morning and if that does not work, then I will try your suggestion. So much for tight .mac integration.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
I think my problem is fitting in here - totally.

I try to publish what I created, it consists of three "websites" referring to each other (so that the nav-bar is not crammed with stuff). But everytime I try to publish to a folder, I get an error - straight at the creation of the very first html file.

Any ideas? I am terribly angry - it just says "unknown error occured"... this is ridiculous, I have no idea what I can do... :mad: :(

And yes, I was saving, quitting, restarting, fixing permissions... nothing... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.