Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 13, 2003, 08:44 PM   #1
Todd Clark
macrumors newbie

Question IMAC Internal Modem not found

I am new to MAC's and need some help form some pro's.
I just upgraded my IMAC DV 400 to OS 9.1 (had 8.6) and my modem is not found. It worked fine before I upgraded so I dont think its a hardware problem. As far as updates go, I downloaded Apples Modem Update 2.0 but it wont install, because it cant find the modem.
I have tried to change the modem properties (Connect via) to "Internal Modem", but I can not change it! Its set to "No serial port available".
Please help!
Todd Clark is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2003, 09:58 PM   #2
iJon
macrumors 604

Re: IMAC Internal Modem not found

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd Clark
I am new to MAC's and need some help form some pro's.
I just upgraded my IMAC DV 400 to OS 9.1 (had 8.6) and my modem is not found. It worked fine before I upgraded so I dont think its a hardware problem. As far as updates go, I downloaded Apples Modem Update 2.0 but it wont install, because it cant find the modem.
I have tried to change the modem properties (Connect via) to "Internal Modem", but I can not change it! Its set to "No serial port available".
Please help!
well this could be a number of problems. the first thing i would do if i were you is go upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2.2. dont worry, they are free upgrades and you can find them at versiontracker.com. I would also run software update, there are bound to be some firmare updates out there. start with 9.2.2 first.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:22 AM   #3
Todd Clark
macrumors newbie

Thank you, I will try that.
Todd Clark is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:46 AM   #4
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Your Problem is that you have somehow disabled your modem extensions in your system folder. To check this, goto the extensions manager in the Control Pannels and set the config to All restart, an see if you can switch ports, if you can, you need to change back to you current config and activate all extensions related to modems.

~TEG::

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers