Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kacper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I ordered a MacBook Pro Retina on Friday night. It shipped today morning and the tracking says:

1:20 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx

1:26 pm
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

1:26 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN

(Local Scan Time)

What does "Package received after FedEx cutoff" mean? The estimated delivery date is Thursday July 24th.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd say it missed the cut off time to leave the facility, i.e., missed the plane.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I believe that the package arrived after the time of day (example 3pm) that FedEx makes their last pickup for the day for that shipper. The package will go out the next business day.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So does that mean the package will be delayed by one day?

Perhaps, just keep an eye on the estimated delivery date and see if that changes.

Apple's pretty accurate with its delivery estimates.

x3n0n1c

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2014
So does that mean the package will be delayed by one day?

The package was received after the cut-off time for processing that day. All this generally means is that it will be process the following day, usually leading to a 1 day delay.

If the cutoff was missed on a Friday, then you may receive a multiple day delay as the package could have covered a significant amount ground over the weekend, but due to missing the cut-off on Friday won't even be processed until Monday.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.