Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
So I decided to add panoramas to my photography skilz...

So $1500.00 later, my bathroom looks like this:

1.jpg

And I'm banging my head against my computer trying to make a QTVR. :D

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Dude. What a beautiful bathroom. Did you decorate it, or did you inherit the decorations?

And so clean. Ugh. You make me ashamed.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Hmmm, now I have some inspiration for what to do with the roll of blue masking tape I have in my drawer :D

Did you pre-cut the tape or did you just wing it?;)

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
It doesn't look like that normally, does it? :confused:

It looks very nauseating! :eek: :p

muffinman

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2005
San Diego, California
i think iGary is trying to symbolize the hatred between the israelis and the palestinians. he is trying to make a statement so that the hatred will stop, and peace will reign. The blue symbolizes the ocean, which is blue, and is peaceful. The vertical and horizontal lines symbolize a maze which the israeli and palestinian governments have to go thorough to get peace. The reason gary did this in his bathroom is because everyone goes to the bathroom one time or another. It's what brings us together. The bathroom. So he is also trying to say that since the Israelis and the Palestinians have something in common ( the bathroom), they should have peace.

or maybe gary did it to signify the beauty of an omlette. Either way, it's highly symbolic...:D

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
Fabulous tub! The colors are wonderful

There is a small app that comes with Canon cameras called "Photostitch" that makes QTVRs of panoramic shots.

Here is an example of the success of Photostitch :)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
God help you if you ever want to take a panoramic QTVR'd shot of the ocean. For that matter, as I'm unsure where the tape needs to go, you might want to avoid shots involving people, especially small children. ;-)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
joepunk said:
Awe, to bad that is not duck tape. Then Red Green would have been proud :p

DUCT tape, not DUCK tape. As in tape for sealing ducts.

And yes, the old man would be proud if iGary had used some of the handyman's secret weapon.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
Chundles said:
DUCT tape, not DUCK tape. As in tape for sealing ducts.

And yes, the old man would be proud if iGary had used some of the handyman's secret weapon.

'Duct tape is the 'hillbilly' tool to repair anything i.e. holes in tennis shoes:eek:

sorry to the 'hillbilly' group but i'm in the group but the extended family part.. I'm a true okie but a california transplant

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jsw said:
God help you if you ever want to take a panoramic QTVR'd shot of the ocean. For that matter, as I'm unsure where the tape needs to go, you might want to avoid shots involving people, especially small children. ;-)

From what I understand, once I have a template built from this tape mess, I will never have to set control points again. As long as you shoot the scene exactly as you did for the template, the stitching program already knows what pixels match.

toothpaste

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2005
iGary your bathroom reminds me of The Birdcage. Not sure why until the partner comment. Do you have those painted plates as well? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.