Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:14 AM   #1
ingenious
macrumors 65832

Send a message via AIM to ingenious Send a message via MSN to ingenious Send a message via Yahoo to ingenious Send a message via Skype™ to ingenious
No Login Window?

20" iMac G5 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM, SuperDrive, 128 MB Video RAM, 260 GB, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth
Mac OS X 10.4.4.

Just recently, a week or two after updating to 10.4.4, my Login Window has stopped appearing after waking from sleep or after Sceen Saver. The computer just wakes up to the Desktop. The screen takes a few seconds to turn on the brightness, too. First it's black, then dim, then it's bright....

What's going wrong?
ingenious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:26 AM   #2
calebjohnston
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to calebjohnston Send a message via MSN to calebjohnston
I don't know about the login thing, I'm the only user on my computer so I don't have to use that. However, my iBook screen also starts dim after waking up and then gets up to the right brightness. It only takes a few seconds, and this is normal.
calebjohnston is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:30 AM   #3
yellow

There shouldn't be a traditional login screen when waking from sleep or screensaver. Unless you mean a password protected login screen and not the traditional login screen. In that case, check your setting and make sure you're still set up to require a password to wake from sleep/screensaver.

In Tiger: System Preferences -> Security
yellow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:25 AM   #4
ingenious
macrumors 65832

Send a message via AIM to ingenious Send a message via MSN to ingenious Send a message via Yahoo to ingenious Send a message via Skype™ to ingenious
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow
There shouldn't be a traditional login screen when waking from sleep or screensaver. Unless you mean a password protected login screen and not the traditional login screen. In that case, check your setting and make sure you're still set up to require a password to wake from sleep/screensaver.

In Tiger: System Preferences -> Security
Yes, I meant the password box. I've already checked that setting. I've tried putting it to sleep with it off, and then setting it and trying again. I've tried almost everything.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:26 AM   #5
ingenious
macrumors 65832

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebjohnston
I don't know about the login thing, I'm the only user on my computer so I don't have to use that. However, my iBook screen also starts dim after waking up and then gets up to the right brightness. It only takes a few seconds, and this is normal.
Yes, but it didn't used to do this. It didn't do this before with the window. It wasn't as noticeable at least because the screen starts out black.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help