Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
New York
Anyone know if it's possible to get a full price on apple's website on friday?

I wanna get a iPhone 6+ 64gb, but I'm still on contract with sprint so I wanna pay the full price for it.

I'd rather not order from sprint's website if I don't have to. I had a great experience ordering from Apple last year. So I was hoping I can just wake up at 3am and order the phone and just charge it to my credit card, then just activate it on the 19th.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Other then the T-Mobile unlocked phone, nope.

What if I go to an Apple Store on launch day? I have Verizon, and am not eligible for an upgrade (I have unlimited data and can't upgrade anyways...)

I should be able to pay full price, correct?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What if I go to an Apple Store on launch day? I have Verizon, and am not eligible for an upgrade (I have unlimited data and can't upgrade anyways...)

I should be able to pay full price, correct?

Nope, apple holds off on this for a few weeks for some reason

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Other then the T-Mobile unlocked phone, nope.
Will or will not the T-Mobile version just take the SIM from my 5 and leave me good to go with the 6 and my AT&T service?

What if I buy a 6 for a number not eligible for a discounted price? Will Apple refuse to sell it to me or would that be a way to buy at full price on Friday?

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Will or will not the T-Mobile version just take the SIM from my 5 and leave me good to go with the 6 and my AT&T service?

What if I buy a 6 for a number not eligible for a discounted price? Will Apple refuse to sell it to me or would that be a way to buy at full price on Friday?

I called Apple and AT&T and they both said I can but it at full price and I'm still under contract. I did the same thing on the iPhone 5.

techishi

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
US
Anyone know if it's possible to get a full price on apple's website on friday?

I wanna get a iPhone 6+ 64gb, but I'm still on contract with sprint so I wanna pay the full price for it.

I'd rather not order from sprint's website if I don't have to. I had a great experience ordering from Apple last year. So I was hoping I can just wake up at 3am and order the phone and just charge it to my credit card, then just activate it on the 19th.

If you're still on contract with Sprint, do you mean you're not eligible for an upgrade? If so, that means you wouldn't be eligible for subsidized pricing. In turn, you would be able to pay full retail via apple.com

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
If you're still on contract with Sprint, do you mean you're not eligible for an upgrade? If so, that means you wouldn't be eligible for subsidized pricing. In turn, you would be able to pay full retail via apple.com

Apple just told me I couldn't do this, under contract with AT&T until Sept 2015 and yesterday I could. I'm confused over all of these different answers from Apple and AT&T.

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
New York

Correct. I bought the 5S last year on contract with Sprint. I have no desire right now to change carriers since my mother still pays my phone bill so I'll put up with Sprint for a while lol. I just don't want it to be 3am on friday and I'm scrambling to figure out where I need to actually buy the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.