Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Sector, Solace, and Ronin for the iPhone 6 has started preorders as of today (9/26/14)!
6+ not available as of yet.

http://www.elementcase.com/reserve
sector_2_family.jpg

sector_pro_left.jpg

solace_2_family.jpg

ronin_2_family.jpg

IP6_iP6RESERVE_HomeBanner_r1.jpg

Also available now, the Ion and the Soft Tec line of cases.

g3S0h1k.jpg

HdLmLnO.jpg

15YKJjF.jpg

Check them out Here.
http://www.elementcase.com/iPhone-6-s/210.htm

I will keep this thread updated with any news I hear.

Last edited:

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Elementcase just posted this on their website:

kvqiBSq.jpg

"We will be making more announcement this weeks about our upcoming lineup for Sector, Solace, and Ronin. ElementCasers will be able to reserve their favorite case in a few days, so stay tuned. They will be awesome! To get the 411 signup at http://www.elementcase.com/411 #elementcase"

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I kind of like that Soft Tec case but I don't like that the camera is blocked when the flap is folded around to the back. But if there were a cutout it would look like crap on the front. No win situation. I just can't see myself holding my Plus up with the flap open and taking pictures. Otherwise, very nice.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I kind of like that Soft Tec case but I don't like that the camera is blocked when the flap is folded around to the back. But if there were a cutout it would look like crap on the front. No win situation. I just can't see myself holding my Plus up with the flap open and taking pictures. Otherwise, very nice.

Ya, I actually have the one for the 5s. And that does kind of frustrate me, especially also when using the flashlight.

Other than that its a good case, with very good protection.

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I have an original Sector 5 (16 screw, I didn't use back plate). I dropped my phone several unfortunate times with no damage and loved the design, and it was easy to grip.

I see a lot has changed now with Sector, Solace and Ronin options.
Besides look, does anyone know be have experience with these and their differences? I'm looking for lightest weigh and low profile. I see Solace doesn't let me go backless.

Last edited:

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
updated the main post with the new accouncement/preorder for the 6. 6 plus still to come it seems.

I have the plus, and I hope they release the 6 plus in october also.

BDoggPrelude

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado
I had the Element Ion case for my 5. I really liked the case. Only issue I ever had was the chrome "E" fell off over time. The Ion case for the 6 looks a lot bulkier though. I'm scared to see how big the case will be if they make one for the 6 Plus.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I reserved a Sector, haven't decided black or silver. I like as much Aluminum as possible and Element is the only Manuf. that can provide that without a signal loss.

tj22

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
A question I've always had about the Sector and Ronin: do they work fine if you don't use the backplates?

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I have had the Sector 5 for 2 years and do not use backplates. I really like it that way. There's enough lip that the back doesn't touch a surface.
The phone back is different though on a 6, so I haven't decided my preference.

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
Does anyone know the difference between the sector and sector pro?

also, COME ONE 6+ I want to preorder the case already!

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Does anyone know the difference between the sector and sector pro?

also, COME ONE 6+ I want to preorder the case already!

Based on the pictures and diagrams the Sector has Aluminum on sides only. The tpu wraps all 4 sides and partly over the screen.

The Sector pro has Aluminum all 4 sides with tpu connectors. Maximum Aluminum minimum tpu. There is nothing on the screen face. This is allot like the Sector 5, but top and bottom screws are vertical.

Last edited:

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
Based on the pictures and diagrams the Sector has Aluminum on sides only. The tpu wraps all 4 sides and partly over the screen.

The Sector pro has Aluminum all 4 sides with tpu connectors. Maximum Aluminum minimum tpu. There is nothing on the screen face. This is allot like the Sector 5, but top and bottom screws are vertical.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Looks like I'm going with the Sector Pro when the 6 plus preorder is up!

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
I wish they would make the Eclipse for the 6+. Love the design and really want something with a stand for my giant screen.

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co
Wow, I haven't used an Element Case since the iPhone 4 and remember $129 for my Vapor Pro was a ton. Now it's $200-$300 for a the most similar looking model (the Ronin)? Damn.

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
FYI on the 6+ - Here's what they told me:

"At this time the only two designs we have confirmed for the 6 Plus is the Ion and Soft-Tec which are expected to be released in the beginning of November. It is likely that we will add more designs, such as Sector, Solace and Ronin but nothing is confirmed as of yet."

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
FYI on the 6+ - Here's what they told me:

"At this time the only two designs we have confirmed for the 6 Plus is the Ion and Soft-Tec which are expected to be released in the beginning of November. It is likely that we will add more designs, such as Sector, Solace and Ronin but nothing is confirmed as of yet."

Was this via email?

That makes me sad, I wanted a gold sector pro.;:(

Oh well more money to buy a new iPad next month and I guess I'll have to make due with my air cushion as a temporary case

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Was this via email?

That makes me sad, I wanted a gold sector pro.;:(

Oh well more money to buy a new iPad next month and I guess I'll have to make due with my air cushion as a temporary case

I opened a ticket to ask. I guess it's not a no, but maybe we all should voice our support via their site or FB.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
They know there is a need for the 6+ cases. They get many many many requests for the + on their facebook page. I've been monitoring it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.