Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
I emailed them and it looks like the ronin is a no go for now....They said the designers werent happy with how it looked on the 6 plus.

But the regular Sector and Sector Black ops are on the way for the plus BUT STILL NO Sector Pro:(

Obviously the gold versions won't come out till next year.....:confused:

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
I'm sorry but that red fire ion case looks horrible. I think the Ronin Titanium looks 10x better.
I'm not responding with anything about your dislike for the red ION case (that's fine, your opinion), but I wanted to clarify that I meant that the Ronin appears to be a crappy case... as in crappy build quality, not looks. Watching it fall apart in the video makes the price-tag quite hard to swallow.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I'm not responding with anything about your dislike for the red ION case (that's fine, your opinion), but I wanted to clarify that I meant that the Ronin appears to be a crappy case... as in crappy build quality, not looks. Watching it fall apart in the video makes the price-tag quite hard to swallow.

I didn't see it falling apart. I saw it being intentionally pulled apart to try a self repair of a button issue. The buttons may be an issue but the fact that they fell out when the case is disassembled doesn't really mean it's cheaply made. The installation instructions seem to be a problem. There appear to be two liner arms that block the ability to slide the phone into the case. Snapping it in the way the reviewer did could have messed up the way the buttons work. He seemed to get flustered and angry and started treating the case rougher than I would. Cases are often bit flimsy until they are mounted and form a structural unit. Element Case has to work out the installation method and be sure the buttons work (that should be very simple, $10.00 cases do it right).

kennychenhk

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
I have just received my Ronin Titanium and I must say it is a great case
All the buttons are working properly and installation is fine except that it is a bit tricky to get the mute button working.
You need to remove the backplate before sliding the case in, that's the key point. Initially all button works fine except the mute button, it only works in one direction despite multiple attempt (and I am a bit frustrated)
But after I have removed the top crown (in addition to the bottom one) and slide in my ip6 and suddenly it works like a charm. Then just put everything on and everything is working properly.
In summary I think it is really a nice case. The review on YouTube is biased and exaggerated

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
All the buttons are working properly and installation is fine except that it is a bit tricky to get the mute button working.
You need to remove the backplate before sliding the case in, that's the key point. Initially all button works fine except the mute button, it only works in one direction despite multiple attempt (and I am a bit frustrated)
But after I have removed the top crown (in addition to the bottom one) and slide in my ip6 and suddenly it works like a charm. Then just put everything on and everything is working properly.
In summary I think it is really a nice case. The review on YouTube is biased and exaggerated

Pics!

kennychenhk

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_4263.JPG
    IMG_4263.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 384
  • IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
  • IMG_4265.JPG
    IMG_4265.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4266.JPG
    IMG_4266.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 263

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
Thanks for the update. I'm guessing the steep price was on the reviewer's mind as he was struggling with the case, which is understandable I think. Glad to hear you are happy with it though. Looks nice.

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the review. When you have a chance, can you post the measurements (LxWxD) at their largest point?

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Sector, Solace, and Ronin for the iPhone 6 has started preorders as of today (9/26/14)!
6+ not available as of yet.

http://www.elementcase.com/reserve

Also available now, the Ion and the Soft Tec line of cases.

Check them out Here.
http://www.elementcase.com/iPhone-6-s/210.htm

I will keep this thread updated with any news I hear.

I did try the Elemetcase SoftTech ( White ) and noticed that if you have blue jeans and after going in/out of your pocket, the case slowly will turn blue @ the corner :( I did end it up returned...

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Wow! That titanium looks incredible. I wish I was crazy enough to spend $300 on a case. I did spend $120 on a aluminum Rokform though.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
titanium looks awesome. I am waiting for the black ops. the RSVP invites go out tomorrow. and they ship on Dec 10th.

Hoping for a good fit!

Cmon element case!

kennychenhk

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Thanks for the review. When you have a chance, can you post the measurements (LxWxD) at their largest point?

14.4X7.5x0.9
All measurements are in cm
And I can confirm that there is no loss in reception signal.
It was -75 db before and after installation of case

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Can someone post the purchase link you received via email for the sector black ops?

it hasn't went out yet. Per their Facebook page they are sending out invites this week. after I purchase I will post the link.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
black ops RSVP went out today. I ordered. Thing is they start shipping on the 12/29. Cmon elementcase. :mad:

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
Ordered my sector pro (black) on the 21st and paid for next day shipping - am hoping for a ship notification tonight since they said the 4th. Hoping for good news...but the black ops looks sexy I kind of want the sector pro, black ops and titanium ronin lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.