Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
This thread is for us suckers who likely didn't order on launch day. I'm tired of checking my order status only to see it's still unchanged, immediately followed up with a feeling of deep-seeded loneliness whilst wondering how many others are with me. Let's post our sorrows and, eventually, our joys within this thread.

I ordered a 64GB VZW iPhone 6 in Space Gray on 9/16. Available to ship: 7- 10 business days, delivers: Oct 3 - Oct 8. Order is still processing. Fingers crossed for some early movement today or tomorrow.

aham23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
Ordered 9/18, ATT iPhone 6, 64GB, Silver, with the available to ship 7-10 business days for a 10/7 to 10/10 delivery window.

Really just want to order online for store pickup, but I did this on NEXT and want to see if I can pass this test. A great test of restrain and paitence.

;)

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
Ordered 9/18, ATT iPhone 6, 64GB, Silver, with the available to ship 7-10 business days for a 10/7 to 10/10 delivery window.

Really just want to order online for store pickup, but I did this on NEXT and want to see if I can pass this test. A great test of restrain and paitence.

;)

Yeah, I actually found the phone I'm looking for at a store about 40 minutes from my house...but I think I'm mostly restraining from going to get it because I've been in this exact scenario in past launches and have always caved. Pre-ordered, spent hours seeking in-store stock, driven 30-60 minutes to risk the store selling out, canceling pre-order. I think I just want to prove to myself that I can, in fact, wait it out. Haha.

qwertydh

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
I'm here reporting myself. Ordered a T-Mobile iPhone 6 16GB from Apple on 9/17. I ordered that late because I was expecting the news about if it was unlocked. And I really have no other choice, I need to order online and from Apple.

My delivery dates are 10/6 - 10/9. I refresh the page like 20 times per hour.

Hopefully, it will ship this week...

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
For those that are waiting till October for their 6, you should cancel your order and just go to a local Apple Store. Every single Apple store near me has the 6 in stock. 6+ is another story

invader07

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Tired of checking status

I ordered the iPhone 6 64GB silver for ATT on 9/16 out of Miami, FL. Available to ship: 7- 10 business days, delivers: Oct 3 - Oct 8. I've been checking the status everyday and it says still processing. As a tease they already shipped my new case I ordered.

kl323

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2010
I ordered on the 19th and 20th. Both of my 64GB GOLD iphone 6 are still processing...

ankhie

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
I ordered a 6+ Gold 128 GB on 9/12 @ 8AM EST. My estimted delivery is 10/31-11/11.. :(.. ( ATT, Next)

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
For those that are waiting till October for their 6, you should cancel your order and just go to a local Apple Store. Every single Apple store near me has the 6 in stock. 6+ is another story
I would love to cancel my order and pick up in store but I'm using the AT&T NEXT as I'm on the new mobile plan, and I am located in New York. During the pre-order you could only do the 2 year contract if located in New York. Also, can you walk in at any time and get a phone? I'm not lining up early for a phone.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I would love to cancel my order and pick up in store but I'm using the AT&T NEXT as I'm on the new mobile plan, and I am located in New York. During the pre-order you could only do the 2 year contract if located in New York. Also, can you walk in at any time and get a phone? I'm not lining up early for a phone.

Not sure about the plan question, but I know at all my local Apple stores, you can walk in and get a 6.

aham23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
Not sure about the plan question, but I know at all my local Apple stores, you can walk in and get a 6.

correct but it is not an automatice that they can go NEXT. when do the in store pickup you can only do 2 year contract or full price, not NEXT. you go in and hope they can cancel that and "redo" the order. could be a 5 minute thing and it could be several hours from the post i read.

bobbigrl27

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014

I would love to but I am trading in my old 4 for $200 through Verizon and from what I have read on here, the phone has to be purchased through them. I don't want to take any chances of losing $200.

invader07

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Preparing for Shipment

Just checked the status this morning and it says preparing for shipment!

kl323

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2010
I wonder how long the shipping will take. Since we weren't pre-orders we get standard shipping. I got a hard drive shipped a couple of weeks ago from the Apple Store and it took FOREVER.

I think even though it says standard, Apple told me they are expediting all iPhone 6 orders.... Correct me if I'm wrong.

qwertydh

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
I wonder how long the shipping will take. Since we weren't pre-orders we get standard shipping. I got a hard drive shipped a couple of weeks ago from the Apple Store and it took FOREVER.

I guess it's going to take a while (The last one I ordered was the 5, and it took like a week).

I ordered a leather case last sunday, it shipped on Tuesday, and it's out for delivery today. But that one shipped from TN.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
I think even though it says standard, Apple told me they are expediting all iPhone 6 orders.... Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can actually confirm this as I called to inquire about it this morning. Wanted to mentally prepare myself for a lengthy ship time just in case. The rep said they're getting them out as fast as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.