Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
Ditto. Received a shipment notification at 2:50 AM. A lot of people have been saying that they actually ship far before we receive the email. I wonder of that's true. Hopefully we will be in line with a Monday delivery!

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Ditto. Received a shipment notification at 2:50 AM. A lot of people have been saying that they actually ship far before we receive the email. I wonder of that's true. Hopefully we will be in line with a Monday delivery!
It's showing that it's in China now so I guess it will be Monday.

thehype31

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2006
Kind of interesting to note:

I had two iphones ship last night for my wife and I- A space gray and a silver. The space gray has a delivery date from Apple of Oct 3 and a tracking number that works with UPS. The silver has no delivery date from Apple and the tracking number is not found with UPS.

I went to my support profile and pulled the serial numbers. It turns out the Space Gray is coming from the Foxconn factory in ZhengZhou, while the silver was built in the Foxconn factory in Chengdu, on the other side of the country.

Do you folks without a valid tracking and no delivery date from apple have phones with a serial number that starts with DN?

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
This is what I've got:

jMtDUqk.png

Strange that there's no scheduled delivery date. I'd like to be able to figure out which day I'm WFH to receive the shipment. :D

qwertydh

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
This is what I've got:

Strange that there's no scheduled delivery date. I'd like to be able to figure out which day I'm WFH to receive the shipment. :D

At least your tracking # actually works ;)

----------

This is what I've got:

BTW, you don't have a date because UPS hasn't received the package. In the top says "In transit to UPS".

After that, you should have a date.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
At least your tracking # actually works ;)

Touche! Haha. I noticed something strange in my support profile. My iPhone 6 is listed, but it's shown in white/gold. Is this just the standard stock photo they use or am I about to get the wrong phone? Also, mine is coming by "UPS Worldwide Expedited".

qwertydh

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Touche! Haha. I noticed something strange in my support profile. My iPhone 6 is listed, but it's shown in white/gold. Is this just the standard stock photo they use or am I about to get the wrong phone? Also, mine is coming by "UPS Worldwide Expedited".

I think it's a standard stock photo. My iPhone is space gray, but it's white in the profile

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
UPS Worldwide Expedited shipping is 2 to 5 business days according to their website. It would be nice if they delivered it on Saturday but that's wishful thinking.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
UPS Worldwide Expedited shipping is 2 to 5 business days according to their website. It would be nice if they delivered it on Saturday but that's wishful thinking.

I *think* they only deliver on Saturday if the package is marked for Saturday delivery. Even so, it seems that people with Worldwide Expedited shipping are getting stiffed. Shipments are taking forever. I'm not even sure we'll get them on Monday.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I *think* they only deliver on Saturday if the package is marked for Saturday delivery. Even so, it seems that people with Worldwide Expedited shipping are getting stiffed. Shipments are taking forever. I'm not even sure we'll get them on Monday.
That is good to know. I think I will stop tracking it then. I'm not a fan of UPS, wish they used FedEx.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
That is good to know. I think I will stop tracking it then. I'm not a fan of UPS, wish they used FedEx.

Yeah, I know that obsessing over it is only going to make it worst. Despite knowing that, I'll probably still do it. I drank the Kool Aid already. Haha.

My package had an origin scan at 10:59AM in Zhengzhou and it's now almost 8:30PM there. So begins the frustration.

qwertydh

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that UPS is at top capacity with the packages from China. After arriving to USA, they should move faster.

----------

Yeah, I know that obsessing over it is only going to make it worst. Despite knowing that, I'll probably still do it. I drank the Kool Aid already. Haha.

My package had an origin scan at 10:59AM in Zhengzhou and it's now almost 8:30PM there. So begins the frustration.

My package was finally scanned at 7:38 PM

thehype31

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2006
Progress! How were people figuring out what flight their phones were on?

It's all about checking departing flights and knowing "typical" UPS routes.

For example, all international shipments from Asia will go to Anchorage then to Louisville to clear customs. Typically, UPS has flights from Incheon and Shanghai to Anchorage, so you have to watch for when your package arrives at one of the Asia hubs, then you can use flightstats.com or something simliar to see when the next departing flights to Anchorage are.

wborisenok

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Boston, MA
It's all about checking departing flights and knowing "typical" UPS routes.

For example, all international shipments from Asia will go to Anchorage then to Louisville to clear customs. Typically, UPS has flights from Incheon and Shanghai to Anchorage, so you have to watch for when your package arrives at one of the Asia hubs, then you can use flightstats.com or something simliar to see when the next departing flights to Anchorage are.

Interesting. My tracking number just displayed a new location scan from an hour and a half ago, so hopefully some movement in the next few hours. We shall see.

aham23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
147am centeral time and we have shipped, ok we have received the shipping notice, and me is excited.

scatterbrain92

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
Kind of interesting to note:

I had two iphones ship last night for my wife and I- A space gray and a silver. The space gray has a delivery date from Apple of Oct 3 and a tracking number that works with UPS. The silver has no delivery date from Apple and the tracking number is not found with UPS.

I went to my support profile and pulled the serial numbers. It turns out the Space Gray is coming from the Foxconn factory in ZhengZhou, while the silver was built in the Foxconn factory in Chengdu, on the other side of the country.

Do you folks without a valid tracking and no delivery date from apple have phones with a serial number that starts with DN?

How or where exactly can I find my phone's serial number?

thehype31

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2006
Location scan!

ZhengZhou, China 09/25/2014 7:47 P.M. Location Scan
09/25/2014 11:02 A.M. Origin Scan

qwertydh

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
I've been looking at the other threads. This is going to take a while guys, so relax and don't check too much.

Apple shipped a big batch last Friday, and just some of them are being delivered today. Some are scheduled for tomorrow. And others are still waiting for an import scan.....

----------

Yeah, my delivery estimate was just updated. 10/01 :'(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.