Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
Strangely, the iPhoto app has appeared on my iPhone 5s (iOS 8.1 beta 2). Could this be coming back? The icon is titled "waiting", as if it's about to download and install. Can supply screenshots if nobody believes me! :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Try getting on a wifi hotspot, some apps won't install on cellular and/or sync with iTunes.

daio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
Try getting on a wifi hotspot, some apps won't install on cellular and/or sync with iTunes.

I am connected via WiFi. Also, Pages, Numbers an Keynote have updated, as well as iMovie - which all updated after the keynote last week. Weird. The updating process for iPhoto does not complete, or even start, just the word "waiting".

Last edited:

daio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
Another update: iPhoto has now finished installing and I have an error message when trying to start it, see picture.

What's weird is, I am a registered developer, I have not searched for this app or been anywhere near my iMac today and I have not tried to re-sign the app using any software in order to troll the forum.

Could this be a sign that iPhoto is coming back or is this a strange-ity of the appstore, that the app I once had and used often has made its way back to me?

Also, I backup to my iMac and not to iCloud, if that helps. I do not have the app on my iPad 4th Gen that also runs iOS 8.1 beta 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.