Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olalilula2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Hi, I bought a macbook pro 13(retina) 2 weeks ago, I returned it 3 days later since it restarted by itself so many times when i was watching movie. So 3 days ago, my new macbook pro was delivered, i love the product. However, I found a small scratch on the screen, should I return it again? get the refund, and buy a new macbook again? since i just returned the previous macbook last week. will they doubt me? i am afraid, what if the new macbook gets another problem, then i should make the third return?

coffeemadmanUK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
If there was a scratch on the screen when it was delivered you should return it. You have the consumer right to (depending on where you are of course).

Whether they may or may not believe you is irrelevant.

olalilula2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Well, I am in Australia, I can return the product up to 14 days from the time I receive the product. So, thanks, i will return it for the second time.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd return it, if I saw a scratch on the screen. Its one thing to have a scratch on the case, where you may not see it, but on the screen - well that's different. You'll be seeing that every time you use the computer and it could be very distracting (depending on the location).

olalilula2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
I'd return it, if I saw a scratch on the screen. Its one thing to have a scratch on the case, where you may not see it, but on the screen - well that's different. You'll be seeing that every time you use the computer and it could be very distracting (depending on the location).

I know, the problem is this would be my second refund, i am just afraid that apple will doubt me hahaha, but i have decided to return it, i just finished putting it in the original box. thanks.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
I know, the problem is this would be my second refund, i am just afraid that apple will doubt me hahaha, but i have decided to return it, i just finished putting it in the original box. thanks.

why are you refunding it just exchange it... Call Apple and say there is a scratch on the screen and this is my second attempt at getting a Macbook Pro. Where is the scratch located?

olalilula2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
why are you refunding it just exchange it... Call Apple and say there is a scratch on the screen and this is my second attempt at getting a Macbook Pro. Where is the scratch located?

The scratch is right in the middle of the screen, well, it is a custom macbook, i could not exchange it in apple store, i have to make an online purchase. correct me if I am wrong.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd exchange/refund it, regardless of the method. You spent a lot of money on the laptop, and you should live with a scratch on the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.