Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Personally, I'm going to use a power pack , because I can use it in different devices. Not all phones have battery cases, can't find one for my OnePlus, and only found one for my iPod touch. But, what do you guys think? I would use a battery case, but they are slower then a lot of power packs. Some power packs, they have two amps of power, but the battery case I had for my Nexus 5 was only 1amps.
However, since my phone has a big battery, I only carry the powerpack when I am traveling.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
I'd personally rather have a battery case because it simplifies charging.

With a power pack you have to remember to charge two things. I end up forgetting to charge the power pack just when I really need it. Same issue with replaceable batteries.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I'd choose a power pack because of the extra bulk of battery cases, especially on already large phones. The optimal thing though would be carrying just a spare battery as possible on most Samsung phones.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
power pack. no sense in carrying around a case 24x7 when it's just as easy to keep a power pack in a car or bag or office, etc.

I used a Mophie on my iPhone 4s for a while, but it was just so dang big.....

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Power pack because if you switch phones, your battery case is useless, while the power pack is still useful. Also, sharing is caring..

jeffe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Removable battery with a battery case to charge that battery, separate from the phone.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'd go with a battery pack as well. I can use it for different phones, my Kindle, tablet, etc. Also if I change phones I won't have to get a different battery case.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Replaceable batteries or go home.

Attachments

• 2014-10-27 17.10.25.jpg
    2014-10-27 17.10.25.jpg
    990.7 KB · Views: 110

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Where is this pic from ?
I am looking for this kit but it seems it is not out yet

Just picked it up from Bestbuy yesterday. I have a 50% off Samsung coupon but their out of stock currently. I got desperate because I hate being tied to a charger. I had them pricematch to $40 instead of $50 and I'm saving the coupon for their dual case; once it gets back in stock.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
A battery pack is more universal and doesn't eliminated the thinness and light weight qualities of the phone. Most battery cases I've seen are very bulky.

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Just picked it up from Bestbuy yesterday. I have a 50% off Samsung coupon but their out of stock currently. I got desperate because I hate being tied to a charger. I had them pricematch to $40 instead of $50 and I'm saving the coupon for their dual case; once it gets back in stock.

Thank you for your prompt answer.
I can not find this kit available in EU yet

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
A spare battery.

After that a battery pack as it can be used by other devices.

OP what battery case have you got for your ipod touch?

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Xiaomi's Mi Power Bank for $12 if you can get one online. They usually are well-praised but soldout and I am too afraid to buy it on OLX (like Craigslist) because they could be fake. Most people buy multiples of them because it is so cheap. But the charging can be very slow the higher the mAh and sometimes 2-5x full charges at max for the lower capacity power banks.

I usually carry two smartphones which can range from 8-14 hr SOT between them, so I really never worry on battery life throughout the day. My spare smartphone is my spare battery. Still power packs are great because you aren't limited to charging only one device and in case you go camping or experience blackouts.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Replaceable batteries or go home.

This.

Got one with my Note 4 the other day.

Whilst I've been used to battery packs for phones with non-removable batteries the cables and dubious mAh levels put me off.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Hi,
single solution to sort out the Mobile battery problem is Power Bank.
Power Bank is a great instance of high technological gadgets of our daily life. It is a type of portable charger or travelling charger which is helpful to charge different devices even where in one got stuck with no charging facilities.
------------------------------------------------
power bank
Troll alert.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Xiaomi's Mi Power Bank for $12 if you can get one online. They usually are well-praised but soldout and I am too afraid to buy it on OLX (like Craigslist) because they could be fake. Most people buy multiples of them because it is so cheap. But the charging can be very slow the higher the mAh and sometimes 2-5x full charges at max for the lower capacity power banks.

I usually carry two smartphones which can range from 8-14 hr SOT between them, so I really never worry on battery life throughout the day. My spare smartphone is my spare battery. Still power packs are great because you aren't limited to charging only one device and in case you go camping or experience blackouts.
I just bought the 10400mAh Xiaomi Mi Power Bank in an official Xiaomi shop in Hong Kong for HK$89 i.e. US$11.48 :eek: That's insanely cheap! I'm charging it with an iPad charger right now and it's going to take some time before I can test it.;)

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Power pack.

It can charge any of my usb devices and one device has lasted me through ~5 years and counting of mobile devices. It stays in my bag and holds a charge virtually indefinitely. I'd have spent a fortune on removable batteries or cases over that time and not had nearly the flexibility.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Power case: always there

Battery pack: always flexible

The clear answer though is: Get Both

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.