Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Hi guys,
Do you think my 5S is bent from this photos?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414470507.066397.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414470526.119724.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414470535.750024.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414470552.184763.jpg

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Why would you ask? Difficult to tell any kind of bend from your pics, but I would guess no, it doesn't appear to be bent; not significantly enough to tell. Lay your phone on it's back on a straight table and see if there is any inconsistency. Sent from my iPad.

deaglecat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
very slightly... if at all. nothing to worry about. might just be an optical illusion in the second pic.

Last edited:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
A tiny bit from the photo, towards a U shape.

Don't let it bother you. My 5s bent while kept in a case. I pushed it back.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Lay it flat on the table and take a picture showing the side, to see if its raised up.

The second to last picture seems to show it bent.

Note this isn't a new issue to the iPhone 6 plus. There were a number of threads back when the iPhone 5 came out of it getting bent from people putting it in their back pockets. The difference now, is the phone is easier to bend, so other situations are causing the damage.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Lay it on a surface you think is curved the same amount, and see if it lays flush.

Last edited:

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
why are you so lazy that you dont eat that last grape and throw the plastic box away?:eek:

wermy

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
Alright, just to bring some seriousness to this otherwise nonsense-filled thread:

If you look very carefully at the first photo, you'll notice what appears to be a silhouette of a grape inside the tupperware container on the right (the one on the RIGHT - not the sad, lonesome grape in the container on the left). So it appears that the OP was making their lunch, and the grape on the left side of the screen is simply one that didn't make the cut for whatever reason.

Why wasn't it put in with whatever is in the tupperware container on the right (Chicken salad? Fruit salad? Difficult to say...)? We can only speculate at this point. It certainly looks intentional to me, though.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Alright, just to bring some seriousness to this otherwise nonsense-filled thread:

If you look very carefully at the first photo, you'll notice what appears to be a silhouette of a grape inside the tupperware container on the right (the one on the RIGHT - not the sad, lonesome grape in the container on the left). So it appears that the OP was making their lunch, and the grape on the left side of the screen is simply one that didn't make the cut for whatever reason.

Why wasn't it put in with whatever is in the tupperware container on the right (Chicken salad? Fruit salad? Difficult to say...)? We can only speculate at this point. It certainly looks intentional to me, though.

so you are thinking he left the lone grape to see if we would talk about the grape?

wermy

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
so you are thinking he left the lone grape to see if we would talk about the grape?

I'm not sure I'm willing to make the leap that he did it to get a reaction out of us. I mean, I've seen plenty of trolls on here before but that just seems beyond the pale.

I do think it was intentional though. There's plenty of room in the dish on the right, and the grape, if you zoom in, looks perfectly fine.

I'll concede there is a possibility that on the non-camera-facing side of the grape there is some bruising or some other anomaly that makes it undesirable in some way.

If we really want to get into some conspiracy theories, though, how do we know the image is even legitimate? Anyone can easily download a copy of photoshop and watch some youtube tutorials. It could be that there *is* no grape at all. Consider THAT one.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
He was saving that last grape so as not to be greedy guys. :D

Oh yeah about the phone. It looks like it might be slightly bent but then it might just be the photo. Put a case on it and forget about it if it still functions ok.

reverberlayed

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2014
1.) Lay the phone flat on it's back.

2.) Place grape on home button.

3.) Push palm of hand evenly on the earpiece side of the phone quickly and release.

Does the grape get catapulted?

If yes, the phone is bent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.